The Leather Spa is a FRAUD!

lynnie1223

Dec 5, 2009
I have this ivory lamb east west flap with the bijoux chain (SHW) that got some color transfer on it so I took it to Chanel on 57th to see if they could re-dye it black. They said no but recommended The Leather Spa as a place that does excellent work. I asked my SAKS SA if she heard of them and she said they are really good. So about 2-3 weeks ago, I took my bag there and they said they will call when it's ready. This morning I got the call so I head over after work. The lady pulls out a bag from a brown paper bag and ITS NOT MY BAG! :shocked: What she took out was a tote with GHW but the chain was the silver bijoux chain. So she goes to talk to another guy and I examine the bag and it doesn't even appear to be a real Chanel. There was no serial number anywhere in the bag. Not to mention the dye job was HORRENDOUS. They said they will call their warehouse tomorrow to locate the bag and call me back. I am really worried! Any advice would be greatly appreciated?!?!?

Omg! I can't imagine how worried u must be I really hope that they find your bag! Chanel needs to step it up a bit after spending ££££'s you would expect they would provide all the service you could ever need!

It sounds like a mistake to me too, not fraud. The leather spa does all of my shoes & boots. I've never had any issues. All of the designers use them too. I'm sure they will make it right.

It sounds like a mistake to me too, not fraud. The leather spa does all of my shoes & boots. I've never had any issues. All of the designers use them too. I'm sure they will make it right.
The thing that makes me nervous is the bag has gold hardware with my silver bijoux chain. I asked my SA and she said Chanel never mixes hardware and the bag looked REALLY fake. If it was another real Chanel, I would think honest mistake. It does make me feel a little better that you've had good experiences with them.

lynnie1223 said:
The thing that makes me nervous is the bag has gold hardware with my silver bijoux chain. I asked my SA and she said Chanel never mixes hardware and the bag looked REALLY fake. If it was another real Chanel, I would think honest mistake. It does make me feel a little better that you've had good experiences with them.

Let us know what happens. Don't let them prolong this, if they don't have answer for you tomorrow,I would go right to the manager.

Yea, it sound like mistake to me. I never trust any of the leather spa service except Chanel boutique. I had sent my Pink lambskin jumbo flap to Chanel for leather refinishment. It comes out great, but took LONG time (12 weeks) to get it back. I think it's because they sent it to Paris for the service.