Finally received my rose bruyere from Cannes but with ink mark :(

felicityy

O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
I finally received my rose bruyere city from Balenciaga Cannes, but the strap has ink mark on it :sad:
Should I just let go since it will cost some US$130 to ship back the piece for a replacement, and then another euros 99 to ship back the new piece to me :S

Singapore-20120628-00878.jpg

So disappointed as I have emailed Sebastian to check for all defects..

Last edited:
Oh no! If I were you, I'd let them know about this and see where they stand. If they are willing to contribute partly to the shipping costs for replacement then that's great if not, to be honest, I'd not spend almost $300 to have it replaced. I'll probably try to live with it lols (and try to avoid buying from that store again). Maybe you want to try using leather moisturiser and cotton pads or something to try fading the ink marks? Otherwise, have the bag cleaned at a reputable bag spa or something after using them for a period of time, and it'll come back new and without the ink mark =)

Gosh--a brand new bag with that kind of flaw? :nono:I'd insist on them replacing it at their expense. That's ridiculous. It looks like there's a small tear on it as well. For the money you just spent, you should not have to settle for a damaged bag. Shame on Bal if they won't stand behind their merchandise. You shouldn't have to pay a penny for replacement. I'd be pretty firm, if I were you. Sorry about this!

Hi Girls,

I am trying to convince myself not to "sweat the small stuff", and it is just a ink mark on s strap which is not exactly noticeably (except to myself it is an eye sore).

Having said so, I did afterall tell him to check on all defects before sending a piece to me and this is a little too much to bear having paid good money for it??

Haven't heard from him since my email to him last evening, keeping my fingers crossed for a replacement strap!

Hi Girls,

I am trying to convince myself not to "sweat the small stuff", and it is just a ink mark on s strap which is not exactly noticeably (except to myself it is an eye sore).

Having said so, I did afterall tell him to check on all defects before sending a piece to me and this is a little too much to bear having paid good money for it??

Haven't heard from him since my email to him last evening, keeping my fingers crossed for a replacement strap!
Sebastien is a little slow on replying sometimes. I know I have ordered from there at least five times, the bags were ok though. Don't think he is trying to avoid you. He is negotiable. Try one more time. If the cost is that high though I would think very carefully before sending it back, on the other hand it would put me off (I know how you feel exactly) nobody knows but you know and you look at the spot every minute. Like, the left show not being exactly the same as the right. I know, I know. It has happened so many times. People think I am hysterical though. Anyway. Try contacting him again and please do let me know what has happened.

I'm sorry but this is completely unacceptable. I don't see how they sent you a brand new bag that's defective and YOU have to pay for it to be sent back and a new one to be reshipped. That's ridiculous.
It's not like you're being super picky... it's a very obvious mark that should have been caught by the SA. They should replace the bag (or just the strap... not sure if they do that though) and you should not have to incur any additional expense.
Good luck! I hope everything works out! Keep us updated. :hugs:

Last edited:
Hmmm .. I wonder if this occurred during Customs inspection? I know that this has happened to me; Customs opens the parcel and inks the bags to indicate that it's "cleared". Totally pisses me off, but not much I could do about it.

Hmmm .. I wonder if this occurred during Customs inspection? I know that this has happened to me; Customs opens the parcel and inks the bags to indicate that it's "cleared". Totally pisses me off, but not much I could do about it.

woah, this would be terrible
how could customs ink a bag just to mark it cleared ???
there should be another way than "damage" an item to remember that the item has been cleared
But I also believe that this is possible, I never never saw a new bal in the store with an ink mark, where else should this come from??

could you carefully try an ink remover pen ? there is magic stuff removing ink in the drugstores

woah, this would be terrible
how could customs ink a bag just to mark it cleared ???
there should be another way than "damage" an item to remember that the item has been cleared
But I also believe that this is possible, I never never saw a new bal in the store with an ink mark, where else should this come from??

could you carefully try an ink remover pen ? there is magic stuff removing ink in the drugstores

Alas, I've had this happen 2 times, and both when the bags were shipped from overseas (for some odd reason, both bags came from the UK). Yes, it really sucked to see this big Red Ink mark on the back of the bag, but I didn't dare touch it for fear of taking off some of the leather color.

I would suggest 2 things:

1. Post your question in the reference/maintenance thread and see if anyone has had luck in removing this type of stain.
  2. Look into sending your bag to a place (e.g., Lovin' My Bags, ArtBag) that cleans them professionally.

Hi All

I tried to remove it with a leather cleaner but the stain wont budge. Sebastian replied to say that he didn't see the stain during checks, but it's not marker ink but glue actually (?!). So he will request for production of a new strap and send it to me. Soon , I hope :smile:

Am totally glad with the solution, can't wait to start using the bag in the morning :smile:

So glad to hear that he took the responsibility.

I think it might be a glue mark like Sebastian said. My friend bought City Ardoise from Balen Paris and found later that there was some glue mark on the leather of front zipper. It was the same color as yours.

Hi All

I tried to remove it with a leather cleaner but the stain wont budge. Sebastian replied to say that he didn't see the stain during checks, but it's not marker ink but glue actually (?!). So he will request for production of a new strap and send it to me. Soon , I hope :smile:

Am totally glad with the solution, can't wait to start using the bag in the morning :smile:
I was more than sure Sebastien would find a solution. He is so cooperative and professional.:smile:

I finally received my rose bruyere city from Balenciaga Cannes, but the strap has ink mark on it :sad:
Should I just let go since it will cost some US$130 to ship back the piece for a replacement, and then another euros 99 to ship back the new piece to me :S

Singapore-20120628-00878.jpg

So disappointed as I have emailed Sebastian to check for all defects..
Hi ladies,

I'm a newbie and I'm purchasing my first one this summer. When based in the US, is it okay to purchase from a Bal store in France? Does it end up costing more with shipping?

Thanks!