Scarves ........ The Fall 2012 scarves ........

I remember hearing about his death it seemed about the time Au bord de l'eau was issued or re-issued (prob the latter). All the animals (except hippos) surrounding an African watering spot, peacefully drinking.

And I think he did Equator, which was like everywhere in the 80's. Never saw an ebay listing for years w/seeing equator on it . . .It was a primary design of that time.

I have read that Hermes regularly buys designs from artists for future seasons so that they have many to choose from when putting together a collection. So I am not surprised we have seen so many from Dallet since his death.

I am looking forward to wearing my new bengals with cashmere sweaters in the fall. I think the design will pair beautifully with greys and fawn and brown cashmere. A color way that I tried on and had a difficult time putting down was the blue cw. It was different from the grey and blue that has been on h.com. I am looking forward to seeing who gets that one because it was gorgeous.

^^I was just about to ask if the NM boutique had gotten any fall scarves in, so thanks for the info! I have a few gift cards burning a hole in my wallet, may as well use them on Hermes! Hoping to hear from my SA that they've received Coup de Fouet in cw 1, and am loving all the "real" pictures I'm seeing of it on this thread. Thanks!!

Guess what ouija board? I found out from my local NM that (since February, I think she said) NM isn’t selling Hermes anymore. Maybe that’s only due to the H boutique in the same town and not a nation-wide NM condition???
xlaila

Ladies, I hadn't intended to go shopping this weekend, but our electricity went out with the storms last night so I had to find somewhere to stay cool in the 100 degree weather today. The fall scarves are out in force at my local H. I spotted Kilim but surprised myself by not buying it because the angles were just a bit too sharp for me when I tried it on. Still no sign of C'est La Fete or the Maharajas shawls here. I ended up with these two beauties, which I was looking forward to finding after seeing a few lovely pics earlier on this thread...

Tigre du Bengal
7475193512_d4a42037fd_z.jpg

Coup de Fouet
7475193064_fc1d90b623_z.jpg

I'll post some action shots when I get around to wearing them next week. It's impossible to capture the depth and texture of the grass in Tigre, which truly seems to jump right off of the scarf in person. Coup de Fouet is neat because the dominant colors change depending on how you fold it.
Beautiful! I was at H yesterday and asked them to reserve that CW of CdF for me. I can't wait to see it IRL!

^^I was just about to ask if the NM boutique had gotten any fall scarves in, so thanks for the info! I have a few gift cards burning a hole in my wallet, may as well use them on Hermes! Hoping to hear from my SA that they've received Coup de Fouet in cw 1, and am loving all the "real" pictures I'm seeing of it on this thread. Thanks!!

I'll probably stop by NM again on Tuesday so I'll send you a message if I spot that one or others!

highlighting said:
Congrats everyone on their new aquisitions! And thanks for the photos!
I'd like to share photos of my Tigre du Bengale in cw 01. The tiger's eyes are stunning turquise! I'm working out how to fold it so they show. :smile: I like this design and this cw is very diverse, many subtle and natural colors used, for instancde, the shadows in the backgroun are actually lavender. :smile: I saw cw 10 too, much orange in it, didn't look too closely as I'm not much into this color.
Kilim, C'est la Fete, Mecanique du Temps and Astrologie Nouvelleare still to check out. :smile:

Stunning pics!!!! I just ordered the Tigre du Bengale in red/orange. Can't wait to receive this carré.

bags to die for - Thanks so much for the info regarding the Cavalcadour CS GM colorways. The corail sounds promising, but the online photo shows a prominent bit of cool grey with the other warm colors, which is pushing me towards nay versus yea.

So far, I've seen just two colorways online, a coral (currently on hermes.com EU), and a green (loden/noir/arnica that HeidiMom posted). And it sounds like there are possibly two more (a blue, and ?). If anyone else has additional details, or has seen any of the colorways in person, I'd love to hear your impressions. Thanks so much!

i tried it on last week and i thought the corail cavalcadour CS GM was beautiful! i think it appears brighter on the website than in person - the colors are way toned down and from the different ways i tried it on, the ivory is more prominent than from the website pic - i think it would look great on any skin tone or hair color.....

also i saw 2 of the PdM 90 c/w's - fuschia + olive green - the fuschia to me was way reddish, pictures online make it look more magenta pink - if anyone is planning on buying this c/w online, i would def recommend that you wait until you see some pics posted......

EdM, I tried the ?/rose/corail colorway on. To me, corail looks a lot like rose jaipur in clemence. It's a gorgeous shade. I was just not a fan of all the white spaces when tying it on.

I've seen 4 colourways at my store: the off white, a dark green border and a blue border (I think).

Five colourways of the Le Laboratoire du Temps GMs are
- marron nocturne/vert/rouge H
- caban/turwuoise/bleu dur
- rouge/bleu/absinthe
- orange/vert/camel
- gris/orange/bouton dor

did i miss this memo? Le Laboratoire du Temps is coming in a CS GM???

i love, love, love this design and c/w's! i thought in was only in 90, so happy it is in 140! has anyone seen this yet??

Pony Express 70 cm - Kermit Oliver - a really beautiful colorway.

Attachments

• DSC03404.jpg
    DSC03404.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,792
  • DSC03422.jpg
    DSC03422.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,711
  • DSC03423.jpg
    DSC03423.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,704
  • DSC03416.jpg
    DSC03416.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,696
Masuko, thank you! I hope you will be as happy with yours Tigre as I’m with mine! Please, post some pictures when you receive it, the orange cw should look stunning!

mimi 123, thanks for info! C'est la Fete somehow doesn’t seem to be as much appealing in 70 as it might have been in 90. :thinking:

lanit, congrats! Love orange scarfie on the rider! :woot:

Dallet is one of my favorites! I have 2 cw of La Treve de l'eau moussies from a few seasons ago. I truly love them.
I love all his work. Here is a good link to his collaboration with Hermes:
http://www.robert-dallet.com/UK/Collaborations.html

I am sumobs one of you already know about Dallet, but I am seeing it for the first time....I am now spreading my wings!!! I love all animal and equestrian themed scarves (just slow learning the artist). I am up for a good lesson!!!;)

I remember hearing about his death it seemed about the time Au bord de l'eau was issued or re-issued (prob the latter). All the animals (except hippos) surrounding an African watering spot, peacefully drinking.

And I think he did Equator, which was like everywhere in the 80's. Never saw an ebay listing for years w/seeing equator on it . . .It was a primary design of that time.

Last edited:
Dallet is one of my favorites! I have 2 cw of La Treve de l'eau moussies from a few seasons ago. I truly love them.
I love all his work. Here is a good link to his collaboration with:
http://www.robert-dallet.com/UK/Collaborations.html

I am sure most of you know this, but I am seeing it for the first time. I have been so focused on learning about bags and leathers.....I am now spreading my wings!!! I love all animal and equestrian themed scarves (just slow learning the artist). I am up for a good lesson!!!;)

Codygirl, thank you for that link. Dallet designs are my favorites.