The New CL * DIY * Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgeous!!!

They look so neat and lined up. I really like it! And the color!! :smile:

Good job! Wear them in good health
Thank you! ... what about your strong minded black patent shoes? Did you pelle everything off and did it came off nice? I hope you haven´t ruined them. Maybe the color was old or to warm or to cold?? Are you still going to strass them?

I finally bought my first pair of CLs, the Very Prive! I've already strassed a pair of Steve Madden's in volcano and now I need to figure out what to do with this new pair. I'm thinking either a black crystal or gold. Maybe jet hematite or golden shadow?

What I want to know is what crystal color is your favorite in the black or gold category? I definitely want something that is going to shine and pop! I'm so excited!!!
gold: AURUM
black: Jet or Hematite

I really admire your ability to use only one size. It's hard! Much harder than using all 6 sizes like a lot of us do. Congrats, it feels great to do it yourself, doesn't it? :graucho::graucho::graucho:

Here they are: My first pair of CL´s are done. We went through a troubleing time, but I found my peace with them again. IRL they look softgolden with golden pinky greeny sparkles ... and they are really catching the light. I´m very happy with the result and just started a small boxchlutch to match them. I am a jeans/denim and soft flowing blouses and blazer - girl - more clean chick ... so this is going to look wonderful but with my shiftdresses I will really look easily all dressed up.:biggrin:

So I finally finished my first strassing project on my trashed camel Elisa 100 heels. These babies have only been with me for a year and they were my first pair of Louboutins. At that time, shamefully I don't even know much about Louboutin and never mind with taking good care of them. After a year, the heels look at this:

View attachment 1772102

Bare in mind these are AFTER my cobbler did his job. He failed to do any magic because it's patent leather. My heart hurts everytime I looked at them so I decided to strass the heels only. As I don't adore the shape as much, rather spend that money and time for the whole shoe on something more amazing... Anyways, I used E6000 and Light Colorado Topaz 2058. 6 hours in total. These are how they look like now!

View attachment 1772105
View attachment 1772106

I am in love with strassing now and definitely going to do that for my wedding shoes!!!!

WOW! You did an awesome job! Its very clean!

Here they are: My first pair of CL´s are done. We went through a troubleing time, but I found my peace with them again. IRL they look softgolden with golden pinky greeny sparkles ... and they are really catching the light. I´m very happy with the result and just started a small boxchlutch to match them. I am a jeans/denim and soft flowing blouses and blazer - girl - more clean chick ... so this is going to look wonderful but with my shiftdresses I will really look easily all dressed up.:biggrin:
congratulations! you did a great job. hope you enjoy wearing them.

loveglitzer said:
Thank you! ... what about your strong minded black patent shoes? Did you pelle everything off and did it came off nice? I hope you haven´t ruined them. Maybe the color was old or to warm or to cold?? Are you still going to strass them?

My strong willed patent heels are going to stay black. I am visiting a friend in Orange County tomorrow and I have a cobbler down there I see, he will replace the heel tips for me.

The paint came off very easily. I polished and refinished the leather myself, I realized my husband had all the proper items for it! (and I'm brave or stupid, enough to give it a go!!)

I'm sort of bummed though. Because I still want green strassed CL's! But I need a pair of shoes to do it on. *sigh* I'm on the hunt for a 4"-ish sz39 pair in satin, fabric or suede.

And the paint was fine. At least on satin! I mixed several Lumiere colors to paint over a pair of satin shoes. (not CL), and it was perfect. I do have to say, I prefer the finish of the Martha Stewart craft paint to the Lumiere.

The hunt continues. :smile: (and after that, a pair of light sapphire flats. I adore the color!! Cinderella-esq shoes)

Happy 4th of July Ladies!

Just finished these red, white and blue strass (no, not FOR Independence Day, but it just happened to work out that way :P)

Hot pink YoYo painted red and strassed in Light Siam:
Siam1.jpg

Siam2.jpg

These were black satin that I painted metallic blue and strassed in Capri:
Capri3.jpg

Capri1.jpg

These ivory Hyper Prive were painted silver and strassed in Moonlight. The blue insole is the PERFECT pairing for the light blue iridescence that reflects off the special coating. I am in LOVE with this color. It's far more interesting and beautiful than clear crystal IMO:
Moonlight4.jpg
Moonlight3.jpg
Moonlight6.jpg

And finally, just a little red, white and blue festive fun. Thanks for letting me share ladies! :smile:
RedWhiteBlue.jpg

RedWhiteBlue3.jpg

Happy 4th of July Ladies!

Just finished these red, white and blue strass (no, not FOR Independence Day, but it just happened to work out that way :P)

Hot pink YoYo painted red and strassed in Light Siam:
Siam1.jpg

Siam2.jpg

These were black satin that I painted metallic blue and strassed in Capri:
Capri3.jpg

Capri1.jpg

These ivory Hyper Prive were painted silver and strassed in Moonlight. The blue insole is the PERFECT pairing for the light blue iridescence that reflects off the special coating. I am in LOVE with this color. It's far more interesting and beautiful than clear crystal IMO:
Moonlight4.jpg
Moonlight3.jpg
Moonlight6.jpg

And finally, just a little red, white and blue festive fun. Thanks for letting me share ladies! :smile:
RedWhiteBlue.jpg

RedWhiteBlue3.jpg

:wtf::faint: :love:

Moonlight4.jpg
Moonlight3.jpg
Moonlight6.jpg

Wow moonlight really is an amazing bridal crystal!

As always, love your work ;)

Moonlight4.jpg
Moonlight3.jpg
Moonlight6.jpg

These are breath-taking! Did you just stress on the white off satin or you painted them some color before strassing? I am getting these for my wedding and deciding the color combo now. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I really admire your ability to use only one size. It's hard! Much harder than using all 6 sizes like a lot of us do. Congrats, it feels great to do it yourself, doesn't it? :graucho::graucho::graucho:
Hi Oaken ... thank you - BUT I would never do only one size on a shoe again. But as I still have the amount of 60 gross of Preciosa crystal AB - I will do a matching Boxclutch :biggrin:) - Even if I would like to enhance the nice color painted on a shoe, I would use different sizes and just allow a little space between the stones ... But yes, I am so happy about these. I never really learned to walk in Highheels with a slim heel and even twist my foot in ballerina flats (which makes my DH wonder and freak out every time happening) ... so I was more than happy to have found a CL with a stable heel. I love to wear them do wear them even though they look like a brides shoe. What wonders me most is - they still go very well with silver even though there is a golden hint.

Now to you !! I love all your shoes ... the blue is stunning (royal) I love that you left a detail unstrassed. All your shoes are so beautyful! I have the color card and have never realised that there is a little blue in it - I only see the warmth comparing crystal and moonlight. Thank you for showing !!

My strong willed patent heels are going to stay black. I am visiting a friend in Orange County tomorrow and I have a cobbler down there I see, he will replace the heel tips for me.

The paint came off very easily. I polished and refinished the leather myself, I realized my husband had all the proper items for it! (and I'm brave or stupid, enough to give it a go!!)

I'm sort of bummed though. Because I still want green strassed CL's! But I need a pair of shoes to do it on. *sigh* I'm on the hunt for a 4"-ish sz39 pair in satin, fabric or suede.

And the paint was fine. At least on satin! I mixed several Lumiere colors to paint over a pair of satin shoes. (not CL), and it was perfect. I do have to say, I prefer the finish of the Martha Stewart craft paint to the Lumiere.

The hunt continues. :smile: (and after that, a pair of light sapphire flats. I adore the color!! Cinderella-esq shoes)
Hi KSgirl ... you are really brave and I´m happy for you, your shoes will be ok. But - just a question. Do you think it might not be possible to strass your blacks without painting. You would just pick a lot of very small crystals like 5, 7, to fill in gaps and 9, 12, 16 and 20 ... I really think it would work. I have seen pictures where black was strassed in a color and they came out really nice.

Well but hunting a new pair would be fun too :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.