Seeing RED: How RED is it, anyway?

Hi Gals,

First of all, thank you so much for peeking in to see my ravishing 12A red reveal that I posted last week. Your comments have been so positive and lovely :blush:.

I believe that I am not the only gal admiring this luscious color, as a handful of you have done your reveals as well - you know who you are! Congrats!! :ghi5:

I think it is safe to assume that those who own the 12A red can say that it is a true, deep red. Yes, it is THE perfect red for me, but I know that doesn't help anyone who is looking for a more detailed description of the color since there can be so many variations. To me it's like the color of a deep ripe strawberry and a gorgeous vivid red rose. The color of happiness, of blood, and of passion.

Anyhow, I tried to find things around my house that I could compare this red to - it was a fun little project to find mostly common red items in the house or that many of you would be familiar with. There has been a lot of chatting regarding this shade, (I was so very curious myself prior to receiving it) so I thought it would be helpful to give insight to this shade. These photos were taken without flash in a couple of different camera settings and I think they are pretty accurate. It really is a Cartier red :love:.

Here's a shout out to the 12A red flap owners out there :dothewave:, please feel free to post your pics here as well...hopefully it will help those who are curious. Cheers! :drinks:
very close to your sunglass case. so beautiful

Great pics for comparisons!!

I specifically carried my jumbo from 9C to compare to 12A. I won't be able to go to the store until after work, but here's a pic 9C with my 11P card case.

Attachments

• image-640484843.jpg
    image-640484843.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 705
Such an awesome idea, I love the creativity here! C can be kinda awful at naming their colors, plus cameras sometimes alter the true shades. But i could really compare now. Very gorgeous bags, Peonies and Swou ^^

So, I saw the 12a, it's closer to the card case in my pic above, but brighter and more like a true red. I really love it! My problem is that I have the red jumbo and a med/large red patent, I don't "need" another red bag.

I did see a silver metallic lamb flap that just came in that I'm pondering... Hmmm...

So, I saw the 12a, it's closer to the card case in my pic above, but brighter and more like a true red. I really love it! My problem is that I have the red jumbo and a med/large red patent, I don't "need" another red bag.

I did see a silver metallic lamb flap that just came in that I'm pondering... Hmmm...

Hi Bethc, do you mind sharing what kind of silver it was? is it similar to the 12C silver classic color that came out before....like true tin tin man silver:smile:?
As for the red, this is a beautiful one for sure, but you need to see how much use you can get out of 3 red flaps:P
Do you use your reds often?
The 12A red jumbo was my first red flap so decision was easy for me. Only other red bag I have is a lambskin lady Dior. I think I will use my new red as my staple flap this fall:biggrin: