Joel Kinnaman

Nice! I like it!

But that tan doesn't look fake to me...??:shrugs:
If it is fake, it's well done!

Seriously??? You just need to compare her skin at the event in the white dress (I think the Newsroom thingy) to now in the black dress. It's getting darker. Joel's tan is natural and lighter, you can tell that. And if she wants to imply she was on vacation with him together she either spent way more time in the sun than he did or she's just simply helping it along now with spray tan. Because it's also going into the orange-y area which is usual for fake tans. Also she's a person with freckles. Those normally don't get such a dark tan.
I guess she's doing it to appear skinnier as she said she doesn't like to diet or work out.

Last edited:
Seriously??? You just need to compare her skin at the event in the white dress (I think the Newsroom thingy) to now in the black dress. It's getting darker. Joel's tan is natural and lighter, you can tell that. And if she wants to imply she was on vacation with him together she either spent way more time in the sun than he did or she's just simply helping it now with spray tan. Because it's also going into the orange-y area which is usual for fake tans. Also she's a person with freckles. Those normally don't get such a dark tan.
I guess she's doing it to appear skinnier as she said she doesn't like to diet or work out.

LOL ok! I thought you meant HIM. My bad. Although I didn't notice hers looking so bad either. I'll take another look.

Get ready for a laugh. Seriously, sometimes I don't understand Swedish fashion. Here's a new interview with Joel. Google translation.

View attachment 1772238

Joel Kinnaman was visiting town and Entertainment Blog took the opportunity to ask him some questions:

Can you give us a tip for a TV series?
- I like Treme as hell. Fans of The Wire should see it. It is for real as well, that's great characters and very well written. Then I like the Homeland, it's great. I always have a television series that I watch.

Where do you rate The Killing with Homeland and Treme?
- I'm featured in The Killing so I can not tell. You can not be objective.

What music do you like?
- I listen mostly to roots, 60's and 70's reggae, dancehall and hip hop. Very 90's hip hop but also a lot of new stuff. Näääk and Nimo begin to really make awesome stuff.

And finally, do you have any film tips?
- I just saw The kid with a bike, Jean-Pierre Dardennes new movie. It was totally awesome. And then I saw like Thomas Vinterberg's new film Raiders. Fantastic.

See? Who said he likes reggae? Right, that was me. :biggrin:

"It is an electronic cigarette. Joel is trying to quit smoking for awhile now. Obviously it's not really working so this is his alternative to not bother others with the smoke. I guess the pressure and stress of being a talented actor with a rising profile doesn't help his will to quit. He once said in an interview it's easy for him to quit things, that he has not this addiction gene but it's hard for him to keep up the quitting. Which when you look at it is a contradiction because it basically describes an addict. If he had no trouble quitting things he wouldn't go back to them. But hey, it's lovely Joel." - BagBerry13

Haa Haa! That's funny because I didn't even think about it being electronic - I don't smoke. I commented about Joel always holding a cig in pics because you know how smokers pull out a cigarette right before they want to head out the door to light up. And if they're chain smokers then they always look like they're looking for their lighter and getting ready to do it (for those cities that prohibit indoor smoking).
And I got the same thought as BagBerry when I read the interview about his smoking philosophy...so funny...he doesn't want to quit. It's always a challenge keeping our smoking festival guests entertained. They always seem so restless between screenings.

"Get ready for a laugh. Seriously, sometimes I don't understand Swedish fashion."
- BagBerry13

Haa Haa Ha! BagBerry, you're seriously making me laugh today...the picture is sooo hilarious!! Was he in between changing from one outfit to another at a shoot and they shot this pic? And he does have a swimmer's body like Greta Gerwig described when she first saw him. Long and lean but defined.
Annnd just of case I couldn't be more enamored with him, he loves reggae and 90's hip hop! Me too!!! 90's Hip hop is close to my heart with lots of memories with most of my friends. ;)

"Seriously??? You just need to compare her skin at the event in the white dress (I think the Newsroom thingy) to now in the black dress. It's getting darker. Joel's tan is natural and lighter, you can tell that. And if she wants to imply she was on vacation with him together she either spent way more time in the sun than he did or she's just simply helping it along now with spray tan. Because it's also going into the orange-y area which is usual for fake tans. Also she's a person with freckles. Those normally don't get such a dark tan.
I guess she's doing it to appear skinnier as she said she doesn't like to diet or work out."

-BagBerry

Speaking of of hip hop culture, we would of have characterized her quick orange transformation as a "Ho Tan." That's when I girl knows she'll be naked alot with her new man, possibly with the lights on and wants to look good, hopefully hiding any imperfections, soooo the darker the better. Or in her case, the oranger the better. It look like she's a contestant on Dancing with the Stars. But, yes, his tan is perfect. Hee hee.

Haa Haa! That's funny because I didn't even think about it being electronic - I don't smoke. I commented about Joel always holding a cig in pics because you know how smokers pull out a cigarette right before they want to head out the door to light up. And if they're chain smokers then they always look like they're looking for their lighter and getting ready to do it (for those cities that prohibit indoor smoking).
And I got the same thought as BagBerry when I read the interview about his smoking philosophy...so funny...he doesn't want to quit. It's always a challenge keeping our smoking festival guests entertained. They always seem so restless between screenings.

Haa Haa Ha! BagBerry, you're seriously making me laugh today...the picture is sooo hilarious!! Was he in between changing from one outfit to another at a shoot and they shot this pic? And he does have a swimmer's body like Greta Gerwig described when she first saw him. Long and lean but defined.
Annnd just of case I couldn't be more enamored with him, he loves reggae and 90's hip hop! Me too!!! 90's Hip hop is close to my heart with lots of memories with most of my friends. ;)

Speaking of of hip hop culture, we would of have characterized her quick orange transformation as a "Ho Tan." That's when I girl knows she'll be naked alot with her new man, possibly with the lights on and wants to look good, hopefully hiding any imperfections, soooo the darker the better. Or in her case, the oranger the better. It look like she's a contestant on Dancing with the Stars. But, yes, his tan is perfect. Hee hee.

You know that you could also multiquote, right? It's way easier than copying everything. Just sayin'.

I seriously have no idea what kind of shoot this was that required this kind of underpants. I just hope we get a nice little new photo shoot out of it.

I have to say that I listen to a lot of hip hop lately too. I have no idea why but as Joel it's mostly 90s hip hop or rapper that became famous in the 90s. Though I have to say I have not a deep knowledge just things everyone knows. But right now I love Hoodie Allen with No Interruption. Well ... and Bob Marley is sitting on my wall for years. I was a regular visitor at my local Reggae Summer Jam for years. So I totally get where Joel is coming from. You can't deny that a man with good taste in music is appealing.
I'm sure she's doing a lot to be attractive for him including fake tans (which in my opinion are not very attractive but anyway).

Wonder if he'll be at the Snabba Cash II premiere in August.

Hugh Laurie is in talks to play Robo Cop villian. Variety article below. I like him. Does anyone know where filming will be?

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055421

Also, I found this video of Joel answering 5 questions for USA Today.. There isn't enough footage of him right now talking in interviews (and I love his voice) so here is for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.usatoday.com/video/five-questions-from-actor-joel-kinnaman/1683034219001

Yes, I hope he is at the premiere of Snabba Cash II.

Hugh Laurie is in talks to play Robo Cop villian. Variety article below. I like him. Does anyone know where filming will be?

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055421

Also, I found this video of Joel answering 5 questions for USA Today.. There isn't enough footage of him right now talking in interviews (and I love his voice) so here is for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.usatoday.com/video/five-questions-from-actor-joel-kinnaman/1683034219001

Yes, I hope he is at the premiere of Snabba Cash II.

Hugh Laurie is confirmed as well as Abbie Cornish. Posted here before I think.
There are more written interviews of Joel right now. I hope this will change end of July/beginning of August due to Snabba Cash II.

Hugh Laurie is confirmed as well as Abbie Cornish. Posted here before I think.
There are more written interviews of Joel right now. I hope this will change end of July/beginning of August due to Snabba Cash II.

My bad! I didn't see your Hugh Laurie update, I was just excited to see it cause I like him. That's the fun of watching a cast being put together for a project...the potential dynamic.
And I was talking about the lack of video interviews right now. I appreciate the all the printed ones posted (and the pics) but you get so much insight about a person watching them talk (aside from being in character) or at least I do.

And it's great that you have an appreciation for 90s Hip Hop and Reggae too (the summer jam). Not everyone can get pass what they think the music is, to get into it and appreciate. I'm always trying to stretch my music listening legs.

Oh, I will see Snabba Cash for the first time this weekend and will get to see it a couple times before II is released. I agree that it definitely looks like a "guy movie" but it's him and new to me. Too bad he's not in the U.S. remake.

Here's an interview with Zoe Lister-Jones, star and co-writer of Lola Versus. I copied the last part ofthe interview about him. So true!

http://thehairpin.com/2012/06/a-chat-with-zoe-lister-jones

"And finally the question that's been on everyone's minds, but no one has dared to ask:

JM: How great is Joel Kinnaman in person? Is he great or is he great? Or is he a jerk? You can tell me.

Z: Joel is the sweetest. And the finest brother on the scene. Tall, and tatted, and a body like a Grecian god. Also I have a boyfriend, so I'll stop now."

I know when she stays in New York when she was single. She would stay with Susan Sarandon and other people there. So she does know people there. I have a feeling she hasn't been to Sweden yet. IMO you don't introduce your girlfriend to your parents until you've been dating for at least 7 or 8 months, if not a year.

If Newsroom gets picked for a 2nd season. She'll have to be in LA at the end of the year. Robocop starts in September and I think finishes in December or January. That's not alot of time to move anywhere.

BTW , what do you do if you are with a guy for 7 months , then he meets your parents and they can't stand each other or you meet his parents and you hate each other?

BTW , what do you do if you are with a guy for 7 months , then he meets your parents and they can't stand each other or you meet his parents and you hate each other?

She actually went through that with Bryan Greenberg. Apparently his mother didn't like her because she wasn't Jewish but they dated 3 years. BTW, according to her Twitter, she's in Sweden so I guess she's meeting parents. There are some people saying I bet his going to propose.

She actually went through that with Bryan Greenberg. Apparently his mother didn't like her because she wasn't Jewish but they dated 3 years. BTW, according to her Twitter, she's in Sweden so I guess she's meeting parents. There are some people saying I bet his going to propose.

For Swedish people this 2 things has nothing to do with each other.
Lot of people have 3 - 4 kids without being married.

And of course they know each others parents. :biggrin:

Of course he could propose if he wanted too ,I just mean that in Sweden it´s not like a guy is expected to propose within a specific time after presenting a woman to the parents.

There are lot of differences in dating in Sweden and in the US.

But of course individuals don´t always behave like most people , so you never know.

:graucho:

I think for her to travel to Sweden I think it must be at least pretty serious. I have read here that meeting parents isn't like it is here. If you meet parents here engagement isn't very far off. Personally I think she could just be seeing where he came from. I didn't know that it doesn't get dark in Sweden during summer?