High value item

LoVeinLA

O.G.
May 14, 2012
I'm thinking of selling a $2000 purse w a bid starting at $1800, but afraid to sell on eBay due to horror stories. But i want to give it a shot because I've had success selling and buying all under a few hundred bucks. What is the best practice to selling a high priced item on eBay? Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:
I'm thinking of selling a $2000 purse w a bid starting at $1800, but afraid to sell on eBay due to horror stories. But i want to give it a shot because I've had success selling and buying all under a few hundred bucks. What is the best practice to selling a high priced item on eBay? Thank you in advance for your help!

Hey girl - I've sold a few over $1800 and over $2500 with no problems *knock on wood*.....yet

With items over $800 though I only keep it in the US (domestic) and set my requirements high as well as contact with the buyer -- BIN with immediate payment.

I noticed on another seller's listing, that they VIDEO the packaging of the bag to help protect against buyer scam, along with using a security tag. Always do signature confirmation and insurance. And post lots and lots of pictures of your bag, all the flaws, etc.

I sold a few designer bags but nothing over 1G so far - thankfully without incident.

Thanks everyone! After reading your comments and digesting them all, and reading the eBay forum and stickies - I'm going to NOT sell my purse. I can't afford to lose it all considering this purse is almost new....

Thanks everyone! After reading your comments and digesting them all, and reading the eBay forum and stickies - I'm going to NOT sell my purse. I can't afford to lose it all considering this purse is almost new....

I think you may want to try the consignment route. The only issue is that the profit may not be as high if you sold on ebay.