My First Mulberry Handbag!

OMG, i love the cookie bayswater!!! but i missed out on the sale....instead i got the Taylor Satchel in marshmallow white, this is my very first Mulberry....It is currently on its way for me, but I am worried about keeping this bag clean....

Thank you so much - I love using her at work and I can still smell the leather, which always brings a smile to my face :love:

Ooh, I look forward to your reveal! Lots of Collonil, that's what you need :smile:

Thank you so much - I love using her at work and I can still smell the leather, which always brings a smile to my face :love:

Ooh, I look forward to your reveal! Lots of Collonil, that's what you need :smile:

Hi Cupcake2008, the cookie bays is back on sale!!!:biggrin: in your opinion is this a very large bag. now that my taylor has arrived, i am thinking of swapping the taylor with the cookie bays :smile: looking at the dimensions online, those two bags are of the same dimensions....but i do wish the cookie has a long strap. there was the smaller one, but its sold out :sad:

Hi Cupcake2008, the cookie bays is back on sale!!!:biggrin: in your opinion is this a very large bag. now that my taylor has arrived, i am thinking of swapping the taylor with the cookie bays :smile: looking at the dimensions online, those two bags are of the same dimensions....but i do wish the cookie has a long strap. there was the smaller one, but its sold out :sad:

:woohoo:It’s back!

I’m only 4’11” (approximately 150cm) and when I took her out of the box and tried her, I did think she may be too big for me but then I put my heels back on and she was fine. Also, I thought that I may find her uncomfortable to wear over the shoulder but again, she’s fine (mighty fine, I must add!) :smile: Though, if I was wearing a coat, it may be a bit tight.

I don’t think she’s very large at all, especially for work. I’ve only used her for work but I have seen lots of other ladies using them out and about and shopping and that suits them well too. My worry would be that after a day out, that the bays would be too heavy and others have commented on that here as well.

I am biased but I would definitely recommend the cookie bays, it’s such a beautiful twist on a classic from Mulberry :love: I’m not a fan of oak generally (though the more I see it about, the more it’s growing on me!), but the cookie oak is a little darker and brighter than the standard oak and I prefer that and the colour suits the cookie style so well.

There were a few oak cookie SBS’s on eBay, at a reasonable price, but I’m not sure if they’re still there anymore.

Good luck and let me know what you decide. I can take more pictures if it'll help?

Your cookie Bays is so lovely!! My poor Oak hardly gets used although I should so she can get some patina. I like the darker colour of the cookie Bays. She is stunning and you model her so well.

I would love if you took more modelling pics :smile: I just love looking at pics of Bays and you are so stylish!!

:woohoo:It’s back!

I’m only 4’11” (approximately 150cm) and when I took her out of the box and tried her, I did think she may be too big for me but then I put my heels back on and she was fine. Also, I thought that I may find her uncomfortable to wear over the shoulder but again, she’s fine (mighty fine, I must add!) :smile: Though, if I was wearing a coat, it may be a bit tight.

I don’t think she’s very large at all, especially for work. I’ve only used her for work but I have seen lots of other ladies using them out and about and shopping and that suits them well too. My worry would be that after a day out, that the bays would be too heavy and others have commented on that here as well.

I am biased but I would definitely recommend the cookie bays, it’s such a beautiful twist on a classic from Mulberry :love: I’m not a fan of oak generally (though the more I see it about, the more it’s growing on me!), but the cookie oak is a little darker and brighter than the standard oak and I prefer that and the colour suits the cookie style so well.

There were a few oak cookie SBS’s on eBay, at a reasonable price, but I’m not sure if they’re still there anymore.

Good luck and let me know what you decide. I can take more pictures if it'll help?

Your cookie Bays is so lovely!! My poor Oak hardly gets used although I should so she can get some patina. I like the darker colour of the cookie Bays. She is stunning and you model her so well.

I would love if you took more modelling pics :smile: I just love looking at pics of Bays and you are so stylish!!

:lolots:Well, flattery definitely works! I will take more pictures after work maybe :smile:

The regular oak is definitely growing on me and I see oak bays a lot more than any other colour. Oak is such a versatile colour and goes with everything. If I had your collection, I'd find it hard to choose which of the beauties to use! :love:

Cupcake2008 I love your bag but as I have it too I might be slightly biased ;). It looks so pretty on you and I love the heals too :biggrin:.

I do worry about the cookie getting soft and floppy after a while. Do you have a bag insert or organiser inside it to keep its shape?

Does anyone else who has experience with that?

TIA!

Phileine said:
Cupcake2008 I love your bag but as I have it too I might be slightly biased ;). It looks so pretty on you and I love the heals too :biggrin:.

I do worry about the cookie getting soft and floppy after a while. Do you have a bag insert or organiser inside it to keep its shape?

Does anyone else who has experience with that?

TIA!

Thank you so much for your kind words, Phileine! Mine was already a little floppy when I got it, especially right in the centre of the bag where it seems to cave in a bit but she's beautiful anyway.

I prefer my bags a bit structured and was concerned about lopsided creases and as a temporary measure, I've put a clipboard inside :biggrin: It seems to make her stand up a little better. I use a Tintamar VIP bag organiser but am looking for one that's more boxy to help cookie hold her shape better. Also , I've read that some ladies cut out a thick piece of card to put at the bottom of the bays so that the base doesn't sag. You can also buy made-to-measure base shapers on eBay.

Let me what you try and how it works for you!

Thank you so much for your kind words, Phileine! Mine was already a little floppy when I got it, especially right in the centre of the bag where it seems to cave in a bit but she's beautiful anyway.

I prefer my bags a bit structured and was concerned about lopsided creases and as a temporary measure, I've put a clipboard inside :biggrin: It seems to make her stand up a little better. I use a Tintamar VIP bag organiser but am looking for one that's more boxy to help cookie hold her shape better. Also , I've read that some ladies cut out a thick piece of card to put at the bottom of the bays so that the base doesn't sag. You can also buy made-to-measure base shapers on eBay.

Let me what you try and how it works for you!

So I wasn't too keen on the slight sagging that was going on with cookie bays bottom ;) There was a thread recently about base liners that can be bought or some ladies cutting out pieces of card and using them in the base....so I tohught I'd have a go and see. I cut out a piece of card - 37cm by 12cm and below are the results. Pictures are a bit rubbish as they were taken at night and I couldn't use the flash with the mirror :smile: But you get the idea :smile:

Without the card base:

Base 1.jpg

With the card base:

Base 2.jpg