I need suggestion... Show me your rough-it-out watch

ririan

O.G.
Jun 4, 2007
My sweetest hubby love to buy me beautiful watches, I wear them to work, to luncheon, events and such, but when I am out with my three young children, at the beach or at the zoo, I find myself unwilling to wear those watches out. My hubby bought me a cartier Santos 100 in pink leather strap for outing purposes but I love it too much to want to rough it out :sad:

Any suggestion for a mid price range watch that is cute and fashionable for casual look, tough enough to be banged around, and hopefully scratch proof.

Love to hear all your suggestions and would appreciate greatly if you can share a picture of your rough-it-out watch ;)

Here's mine. It's by Baum et Mercier, a popular brand in Europe. The bezel is sapphire so it's very tough and the gold links are solid 18k so they don't show scratches.

Attachments

• baume+Mercier-Ilea-1756.jpg
    baume+Mercier-Ilea-1756.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 764
Wear your Cartier and enjoy it! I've been wearing my Cartier Panthere for the last 12 years EVERYWHERE. It looks great. Cartier also provides a buff and polish service if it gets too banged up. I haven't needed it... And I'm on a farm!!

StylishFarmer said:
Wear your Cartier and enjoy it! I've been wearing my Cartier Panthere for the last 12 years EVERYWHERE. It looks great. Cartier also provides a buff and polish service if it gets too banged up. I haven't needed it... And I'm on a farm!!

I agree. Wear it and enjoy it. I did however buy 2 everyday throw around watch...Nixon RG the spur and a Michele RG sports sail I found at tj maxx. Even tho I purchased those for everyday uses, I still baby them! Lol. But that's just me. I cherish everything.

Is the Cartier and your other watches automatic? If not, then get the most use out of them. Battery changes for luxury watches are more $$$

I agree. Wear it and enjoy it. I did however buy 2 everyday throw around watch...Nixon RG the spur and a Michele RG sports sail I found at tj maxx. Even tho I purchased those for everyday uses, I still baby them! Lol. But that's just me. I cherish everything.

Is the Cartier and your other watches automatic? If not, then get the most use out of them. Battery changes for luxury watches are more $$$

Yep, my Cartier is automatic. I need to change the battery approx once every 3 years. Didnt cost that much.. If I remember it was around $20???

Thanks! But the Cartier sale person told me the leather strap on my carrier santos 100 can get dirty easily (light pink color) and that I should "take good care" of it :P.

Plus I kinda prefer plastic or rubber strap for the more sporty playful look.

Rough it - you want to take your heart rate or know how many steps you've taken also?

I have 2, one is a Bow Flex & one is a Body Express. Both qualify with the rubber straps. The Bow Flex will be going to Africa with me. (Am there to take pictures, not impress the natives.)

I wear a Victorinox Swiss Army all in stainless steel, black dial face. The dial face is really eye catching. The only thing is that is it not blingy. It hugs my wrist since it is one of those semi flexible curved straps (hard to explain) Believe it or not, I really banged up my men's Wenger Swiss Army scraping it on concrete and I gave it to my dh!

If you like bling, INVICTA watches are fun and moderately priced, I got a boyfriend chrono watch studded with crystals for around $100.