Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Gucci Guilty empty perfume bottle:
img00099201206221731.jpg
That's really a cool bottle.

Lazlo you will enjoy this...I've started purchasing vintage slips to sleep in. They are so much cooler and comfortable than the average gown. Now, I found this gown for $2.80. I will not sleep in it, but I thought it was so pretty.
IMG_20120622_184000-1-1.jpg

Also, I found a Roberta di Camerino scarf for $1.....
IMG_20120622_183646-1.jpg

....and a Mantero (Italy) scarf for $1.
IMG_20120622_183830-1.jpg

What a great trip. And pony teeth?! What kind of witchcraft is that? Yucko. I've had a good run lately. Today I indulged my secret desire for cowboy boots. I picked up this pair by Dan Post. They originally had leather soles and they are oh so dreamy. Id had yet to find a pair of cowboy boots that fit me and I wanted leather and not suede. these are gorgeous! I love the rich color of the lizard on these! I spent $40 after using my filled up punch card to take $10 off. Expensive at the thrift store for me but considering these were $250-$300 I'll let it slide. I definitely need more boots in my wardrobe!

Yeah ... don't put teeth on a necklace.

I can relate to needing cowboy boots! I needed some for the longest longest time! I finally found mine and they are great and were not at all bad! It took years to find mine! i am patient. I can wait for the thrift gods ..

I love your new boots! $40 is not bad! $20 a boot! Downright cheap with some new math! $40 is what a ... mid range not memorable dinner out costs ... yep. Or fills up a gas tank 2/3rd. Or buys two rose bushes. maybe. You got a deal!

My Gucci Guilty empty perfume bottle:

I love that! How pretty!

My Goodwill finds from yesterday.

That's it, two pairs of shoes. My SIL was getting impatient. They were brand new with the tags! I paid $5 each for them which is a bit much for cheapie me, but I almost bought the gold pair last week at Target for $12. I had to have them!

And my MIL gave me these purses, not sure what I am going to do with them. I can't pass up free stuff. Maybe that is why I'm a hoarder?
IMAG0633.jpg

IMAG0634.jpg

They need cleaned up a little, haven't gotten that far yet.

Those are adorable!!! I love free stuff also! It's my favorite! Why would you say no to Free!? Your carpet is way too clean to be a hoarder ... sorry!

And I do love it that you got brand new shoes for $5 a pair! Lord save me from having to shop with impatient people!

Lazlo you will enjoy this...I've started purchasing vintage slips to sleep in. They are so much cooler and comfortable than the average gown. Now, I found this gown for $2.80. I will not sleep in it, but I thought it was so pretty.

!!!!!!! WOW!

Ok you need to just be lounging around maybe sitting in front of your antique vanity in that gown! So Elizabeth Taylor! It is beautiful! Vintage isn't it? I love it and I am happy I introduced you to the concept of lounging around in a slip and taking a nappy! NICE! They really do make the nicest nighties! Plus the vintage ones are cut in such a lovely way!

The $1 scarves they KILL ME. LOL ... omg I have to go lay down and dump my scarf collection on myself to recover my senses!

My Goodwill finds from yesterday.
IMAG0632.jpg

That's it, two pairs of shoes. My SIL was getting impatient. They were brand new with the tags! I paid $5 each for them which is a bit much for cheapie me, but I almost bought the gold pair last week at Target for $12. I had to have them!

And my MIL gave me these purses, not sure what I am going to do with them. I can't pass up free stuff. Maybe that is why I'm a hoarder?
IMAG0633.jpg

IMAG0634.jpg

They need cleaned up a little, haven't gotten that far yet.

Nice finds friend.

!!!!!!! WOW!

Ok you need to just be lounging around maybe sitting in front of your antique vanity in that gown! So Elizabeth Taylor! It is beautiful! Vintage isn't it? I love it and I am happy I introduced you to the concept of lounging around in a slip and taking a nappy! NICE! They really do make the nicest nighties! Plus the vintage ones are cut in such a lovely way!

The $1 scarves they KILL ME. LOL ... omg I have to go lay down and dump my scarf collection on myself to recover my senses!
I love love love scarves, especially when I can get one for a buck.

The Eden roses are doing so well this year that I have 13 buds on a stem!

url
[/URL]

The Roses ... Edens ... They are now 10 years old, mature and they get some of the water from the run off in my washer. We have set it up so my clothing washer runs off thru gravel to irrigate the roses and tomatoes ... I use organic detergents. And it's obviously working very very well!

I give everyone who comes over a rose bouquet! Leaving with flowers in now a requirement ... I try to save coffee cans and cheap vases ...

shoesdollarfifty007.jpg

How do you keep the bugs away? We have Japanese beetles and aphids so I've had a horrible time with keeping them at bay as far as my roses so I've all but given up on them. :nogood: Your bushes are beautiful!

My Gardenias and Jasmine still grow very well though.

I have Ladybugs. I get them every year. They stick around and even have ladybug babies. The lady bug babies eat 10 times more bad bugs than the adults. So cool!
We went hiking up in the mountains and found millions of ladybugs. We gathered them up (not all of them) and brought them home and let them go in the yard. It was really cool.

The gown's really pretty!
View attachment 1767960

Hello ladies, after seeing that someone found chanel polish at the thrift I started looking and found this one, which actually was a shade I was Looking for! It was $5!

Great find!!

We went hiking up in the mountains and found millions of ladybugs. We gathered them up (not all of them) and brought them home and let them go in the yard. It was really cool.

Yes! They sleep in the mountains! They hibernate up there. Then they fly down to find food and have a nice lady big family! At my house the garden is very rose heavy. But I have never had a bad season due to bad bugs cause I overpower the bad ones with my lady bug army.

Status
Not open for further replies.