Books & Music anyone reading "50 shades of grey" trilogy?

Ahh!!! it's not letting me post the image :sad:

I clicked your link though, very nice! After reading Fifty Shades I tried both Bared to You and Gabriel's Inferno but couldn't finish either. I would really love to find another couple as captivating as Christian and Ana but no luck yet. Still, hope springs eternal and I will keep trying. :smile:

I clicked your link though, very nice! After reading Fifty Shades I tried both Bared to You and Gabriel's Inferno but couldn't finish either. I would really love to find another couple as captivating as Christian and Ana but no luck yet. Still, hope springs eternal and I will keep trying. :smile:

Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment :graucho: but Gabriel came off as whiny and TOO lovey dovey toward the end, it was kinda gross. And for some reason the only way I could picture him was the actor that plays Doc Ock in the Spiderman movies. Why I do NOT know at all :roflmfao: it totally turned off the whole book for me lol

Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment :graucho: but Gabriel came off as whiny and TOO lovey dovey toward the end, it was kinda gross. And for some reason the only way I could picture him was the actor that plays Doc Ock in the Spiderman movies. Why I do NOT know at all :roflmfao: it totally turned off the whole book for me lol

I didn't get that far but he seemed like such a jerk in the beginning. Also I'm sure it didn't help that I read it as fan fiction under the original title The University of Edward Mason, so I kept picturing Edward from Twilight.

Doc Ock, lmao and ewww!

I didn't get that far but he seemed like such a jerk in the beginning. Also I'm sure it didn't help that I read it as fan fiction under the original title The University of Edward Mason, so I kept picturing Edward from Twilight.

That was fan fiction too?!? Wow I never realized how popular that was. Any 50 fan fiction yet? :graucho:

]I read the 3 books in 3 days. I had NOTHING to do so it was lovely to just get lost. I agree about her writing, very repetitive. I dunno why I am so captivated about their story. I have been lost since I finished the 3rd and I have read Gabriel's Inferno and Bared to You to try to get lost in something else and it hasn't worked.

Both books are alright, but they haven't stayed with me the way that 50 Shades has.

My mother is currently borrowing 50 Shades and I told her that under NO circumstances will we discuss the majority of those books lol. I have read naughty parts in books before but I think because I enjoyed this so much more :graucho: it made me feel dirty afterwards lol. Like I had to take a shower after each one to wash the smutty look off my face.

I'm glad to see I am not the only one obsessed with these books and their story.

I am not sure who I want cast. Ryan Gosling is too "The Notebook" for me, and Alexander Saarsgard while he has a nice body, his face does NOTHING for me.

Chris Hemsworth has come to mind. He has a ripped body and gorgeous eyes and his facial features are striking enough. He is pretty but I bet he would be super sexy as palm-twitching Christian :graucho:

http://www.worldofsuperheroes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/chris-hemsworth-1.jpg

Nothing I pick up captivates me as much as reading about Christian and Ana did! Even whilst reading other books I'm thinking about them....not sure I'll ever stop thinking about them! Haha

That was fan fiction too?!? Wow I never realized how popular that was. Any 50 fan fiction yet? :graucho:

Yep! Also the set of books that starts with The Forbidden Room by J. P. Barnaby started out as fan fiction featuring a male/male/female BDSM storyline with Edward, Jasper and Bella. :biggrin: The names were changed of course when it was printed for mainstream.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Forbidden...1340115700&sr=1-1&keywords=the+forbidden+room

So I did some digging and here is a section on Fifty Shades of Grey Fan Fiction, though I don't know if any of it's really good. It says there are 45 of them. This is the same site in which E. L. James originally posted FSoG under the title Master of the Universe, it was taken down when it went to print.

http://www.fanfiction.net/book/Fifty_Shades_Trilogy/

I finished the third book a couple weeks ago. By the end I felt I felt suffocated by their relationship and felt relieved to finish the book. I think I would have enjoyed it more if the same thing wasn't happening over and over again, even the actual words were repetitive.

I finished the third book a couple weeks ago. By the end I felt I felt suffocated by their relationship and felt relieved to finish the book. I think I would have enjoyed it more if the same thing wasn't happening over and over again, even the actual words were repetitive.

This is exactly how I'm feeling. I am STILL on the third book.

Kristen Stewart would NEVER be cast.

Anyway, I would bet it won't make it to the movies.

If anyone would like to read another tortured, sexy male and an annoying female lead, I highly recommend Thoughtless and Effortless by S.C. Stephens. Kellan is just hot!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9436924-thoughtless

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11709423-effortless

I just read Thoughtless on your recommendation! At first, I disliked it... and then it snuck up on me and I had to keep reading! Starting Effortless tonight.

I just read Thoughtless on your recommendation! At first, I disliked it... and then it snuck up on me and I had to keep reading! Starting Effortless tonight.

I know...it started out boring (Denny was a snooze fest) and I just wanted to smack Keira constantly with her "innocent" flirting, but I couldn't stop reading.

I had my sister read them (since she was in withdrawals from Fifty) and they were like crack to her. She had to read them twice. :biggrin:

I actually liked Kellan more than Christian :love:

Does the heroine sleep with several men during the course of this? I remember checking out reveiws when being recommended this one and I seemed to get that impression. Or rather I should say, I'm fine with her sleeping with whomever she wants but once she and the hero are together, even if they break up I don't want to see either of them sleeping around.

Does the heroine sleep with several men during the course of this? I remember checking out reveiws when being recommended this one and I seemed to get that impression. Or rather I should say, I'm fine with her sleeping with whomever she wants but once she and the hero are together, even if they break up I don't want to see either of them sleeping around.

No...she's only had one relationship prior to Kellan. She doesn't sleep around.