Alexa Question?

Daisylou

Mar 9, 2012
I love looking at the 'Celebrities and Their Bags' sticky, it seems that when they carry the Alexa it always gapes open at either end where they haven't fastened the straps. I just wonder how the Alexa owners on here find this bag? Is it a good bag for everyday use, easy to use and does it saty shut or are the flaps a problem?

There's a good example here if you scroll down to the SS Alexa.
http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/celebrities-and-their-mulberry-pics-only-172748-49.html

Thank you for any input :biggrin:

I love looking at the 'Celebrities and Their Bags' sticky, it seems that when they carry the Alexa it always gapes open at either end where they haven't fastened the straps. I just wonder how the Alexa owners on here find this bag? Is it a good bag for everyday use, easy to use and does it saty shut or are the flaps a problem?

There's a good example here if you scroll down to the SS Alexa.
http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/celebrities-and-their-mulberry-pics-only-172748-49.html

Thank you for any input :biggrin:

I've only had my Alexa for about a week, but I never took notice of the gaps. The straps do fasten securely, however the bag becomes much smaller if you do (with it fastened, it'll not fit an ipad, if not, it will).

Hope this helps :biggrin:

I have two Alexas reg and the o/s. I would say that the Alexa is not a practical everday bag its better to use it cross body than to use it as a tote as it doesnt carry a lot of stuff that way. As the handle is not strong enough to hold more just on is own and does go all funny like on the stars. It is more just the style and who its named after that makes it so famous and iconic. I still love it still but dont use mine everyday and dont recommend that is practical enough for this. Just my humble opinion. Hope this helps.

I've had my Alexa since December; the magnetic straps un-click sometimes if it's hand-held and it is really slouchy (the silky snake is less so and I'm guessing that the printed leathers coming next season will be the same). It's part of the look. I don't find a problem with it but i do usually wear it cross-body. Hope this helps! What are you thinking of buying?

The gappy look just makes me go:nono: - obviously those celebs don't travel on the Tube because an open bag = pickpocket heaven! Puts me off.

(yes I am one of those Londoners who keeps her bag close and tightly done up)

Alexas do look lovely when worn cross-body though

Last edited:
Thank you ladies. I'm not sure what I'm buying I just really want an Alexa.....it was the bag that drew to me to Mulberry and I still haven't got one!!! I wanted watermelon or plum, I found a plum on EBay but found out at the last minute that the bag was from a smoking home so I had to let it go. I love the brighter colours!! I'm sure something will come my way soon! :smile:

I have quite a lot of Alexas, mostly regular but I do have two or three OS. For me they are the perfect everyday style. I don't take issue with the gaping or slouching as it's meant to be that way. It's a casual grab bag as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes I fasten the magnets but most of the time don't bother. They find their way 'home' by themselves more often than not. I also open up the little expander straps when I need to carry extra and it's amazing how much bigger that makes the bag. I carry a fair amount of stuff in my bags and find the handle and strap perfectly strong enough.

I have quite a lot of Alexas, mostly regular but I do have two or three OS. For me they are the perfect everyday style. I don't take issue with the gaping or slouching as it's meant to be that way. It's a casual grab bag as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes I fasten the magnets but most of the time don't bother. They find their way 'home' by themselves more often than not. I also open up the little expander straps when I need to carry extra and it's amazing how much bigger that makes the bag. I carry a fair amount of stuff in my bags and find the handle and strap perfectly strong enough.

Thank you that's really helpful, I just love the look of the Alexa and definitely think I will love using one.....just need to find the right colour now!

I wanted watermelon or plum, I found a plum on EBay but found out at the last minute that the bag was from a smoking home so I had to let it go. I love the brighter colours!!

I agree! Much as I love classic Mulberry oak, the Alexa looks great in colours - plum and pumpkin and conker are :heart: and Naughtipdigin has a lovely Butter one at the moment

Mine doesn't gap at all buti guess its cos shes still brand new, stuffed and ss so a bit thicker... I guess when I start using her she will but I'm quite looking forward to her being slouchy!

Also fully intend to use her a LOT.. She will be my main out of work bag..! :love:

Thank you ladies. I'm not sure what I'm buying I just really want an Alexa.....it was the bag that drew to me to Mulberry and I still haven't got one!!! I wanted watermelon or plum, I found a plum on EBay but found out at the last minute that the bag was from a smoking home so I had to let it go. I love the brighter colours!! I'm sure something will come my way soon! :smile:

Tink you should def get one... I'm in love :cloud9:

Daisylou said:

Definitely think you need a Lexie :smile: And plum and watermelon are beautiful colours! Good luck in your search ;)

I think the key to an Alexa is getting a color you love. I have a soft buffalo conker and it's the perfect casual weekend purse. I love it, but you have to be looking for a casual, slouchy shape when you comsider rhebAlexa. When I want more shape and structure I wear my ps1. But I just ordered the Dorset tote and I think it may be my day to day work bag.