Ladies who are familiar with vintage Celine please help

Helen,
Quite frankly, I can't say that I'm an expert in this. I owned two Celine vintage bag and bought them from a reputable ebay seller from Japan. And I believe that Celine are pretty popular in Japan in the 70s and 80s. And I do not know if they have fakes back in those days.
Nevertheless, I did notice some constant details of the horse carriage box bag, but I cannot say if these are signs of authenticity.

1. The type of box bag that Esential have, the Celine logo is placed on the right hand bottom of the front clasp. There are a few bags that I saw that have the logo in the middle of the front clasp.
And in other variation, behind the clasp there is a writing "made in italy" engraved on it.
2. The zipper inside the bag have a small gold charm, with the letter C on it, shaped a bit like a heart shape. Some other bags have the charm with the Celine emblem on it.
3. The clasp on both end of the handle have the shape of two horse shoe clamping on the handle, (like what esential have)
4. The lining is the same color as the bag (full leather), some other bags have red lining on it.

I will try to upload some photos that I had saved tomorrow. Can't access my photobucket for some strange reason
Dear cottoncat

Thank you so much!!! I really look forward to your photos.
By the way, are these box bags very handy? Easy to use? Do you like them more than the current box bags that are out there?

I usually prefer silver hardware with all my accessories in white gold, but I understand most vintages are in gold. Are the gold buckles not too loud? In a way, the gold could be considered more glam where silver could look more casual???

I do hear Japanese ebay sellers are rather reliable. May I ask which seller you had bought your vintage celines from?

Also, I am trying to figure out whether a Chanel 2.55 might be nicer? Any thoughts on those?

Appreciate all your insights. Thank you so much!!!

XOXOXO!!!

Here are a few photos of two different vintage box bag

vintageceline2.jpg

vintageceline1.jpg

Here are a few photos of two different vintage box bag

vintageceline2.jpg

vintageceline1.jpg
Oh, thank you so much for posting these pictures. It is so hard to get the Celine bags authentified. I have the one with the black lining. I think the one with the red lining is a bigger version? You can use this one cross body, but the one with the black lining you can only use on your shoulder. And, if the bag is a true vintage I don't think they faked these as much, of course now days they sometimes say it is vintage whrn in fact it is a faked new one, made to look like a vintage. Oh that is soo bad! :shucks:

Helen,
Quite frankly, I can't say that I'm an expert in this. I owned two Celine vintage bag and bought them from a reputable ebay seller from Japan. And I believe that Celine are pretty popular in Japan in the 70s and 80s. And I do not know if they have fakes back in those days.
Nevertheless, I did notice some constant details of the horse carriage box bag, but I cannot say if these are signs of authenticity.

1. The type of box bag that Esential have, the Celine logo is placed on the right hand bottom of the front clasp. There are a few bags that I saw that have the logo in the middle of the front clasp.
And in other variation, behind the clasp there is a writing "made in italy" engraved on it.
2. The zipper inside the bag have a small gold charm, with the letter C on it, shaped a bit like a heart shape. Some other bags have the charm with the Celine emblem on it.
3. The clasp on both end of the handle have the shape of two horse shoe clamping on the handle, (like what esential have)
4. The lining is the same color as the bag (full leather), some other bags have red lining on it.

I will try to upload some photos that I had saved tomorrow. Can't access my photobucket for some strange reason

Thank you Cottoncat! those are great tips.
One should also look at the details of the bag, eg. the stiching on the leather should be straight and pretty darn perfect.
I uploaded a pic of the gold charm on the zipper.

Attachments

• bag01.JPG
    bag01.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 4,100
  • IMAG0191.jpg
    IMAG0191.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 3,740
Hi ladies (and gents), if you are familiar with vintage Celine, can you help me authenticate this bag? I've tried posting in the authenticate this but no one could help. Thank you very much! I bought this bag on Ebay and these are my own pictures.
I just got one in burgundy from docride~ I'm sooo excited~

This one in particular is in awesome condition~~~

Hi ladies (and gents), if you are familiar with vintage Celine, can you help me authenticate this bag? I've tried posting in the authenticate this but no one could help. Thank you very much! I bought this bag on Ebay and these are my own pictures.

This looks consistent with a vintage Celine box - i'm no expert but I do have a small collection of these vintage box bags.

There were several styles of box bag, several styles of hardware used on them too, also the 'stamps' varied in their wording and positioning.
The gold Celine logo that dangles from the internal zip can be missing because these are preloved bags and some owners don't take as much care of their bags as others - these points need to be remembered.
A very good place to study all this is the Reference section within this subforum.

EDIT:Good Lord, just seen this is an old thread.
OP, if you're still around and reading this - how is your vintage collection coming along ??

Last edited:
Hi all

Just found this forum, spent hours reading posts!

I am looking for advice also on a vintage Celine bag, not authenticity more information on the bag and possibly an original and current value. I have acquired a few vintage bags from my aunt, all vintage designer and wanted values for insurance but also info out of interest.
The celine bag is a brown monochrome with the horse and carriage clasp.
I have probably posted in the wrong area but i cant seem to start a new thread.
Any help gratefully received.

Hi there, I have been stalking ebay for almost a year for vintage celine box bag, and what I can say is that your bag looks legit.
There are a few variations on the horse carriage box bag, and your version is one of the most popular one, and still pretty rare to find.
Here are two links of the same bags on ebay, the listing has ended though and both links are from Japan seller. One of the link is the same as what HelenofTroy has posted above.
Black box bag
Burgundy box bag

And I also have another Horse carriage box bag in another version
celineboxvintage2.jpg

celineboxvintage1.jpg

Celineboxhorsecarriageinside.jpg

Hey guys! I just noticed this thread about vintage celine bags and I have one I would like to share but want to get your opinions on authenticity!
Let me know. Its the celine monogram shoulder bag
I was quite dubious about the stamp mark

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200222-110420_Carousell.jpg
    Screenshot_20200222-110420_Carousell.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20200222-110409_Carousell.jpg
    Screenshot_20200222-110409_Carousell.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20200222-110406_Carousell.jpg
    Screenshot_20200222-110406_Carousell.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 43