Help! What do I have here?

Molly0

O.G.
Feb 8, 2012
I'm always checking out old jewelry in hopes of finding treasure. Today, I came across a necklace that has me baffled. Any help out there?

Kind of mottled, very heavy, chalky, yellow, bead type necklace. Kind of "pearlized" in places. Seems old. Clasp very tarnished, but once cleaned up, revealed a mark of "Sterling" . Old and discolored box that is marked "MARK CHRISTOPHER HAWAII At first I though it might be butter-amber, but no, it's too heavy and chalky for that. I don't think it's mother of pearl, because it's quite mottled.

Here's some pics. Does anyone have any ideas to share with me on what it might be?

Attachments

• weirdpearls.jpg
    weirdpearls.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 454
  • weirdpearls2.jpg
    weirdpearls2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 447
  • weirdpearls5.jpg
    weirdpearls5.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 446
  • weirdpearls1.jpg
    weirdpearls1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 473
Moonstone or white chalcedony or mother of pearl shell beads??

I tried doing a search on Mark Christopher. Seems they at least made Hawaiian-print clothing. Couldn't find anything else.

Moonstone or white chalcedony or mother of pearl shell beads??

I tried doing a search on Mark Christopher. Seems they at least made Hawaiian-print clothing. Couldn't find anything else.
Yes me too. All I could find were some vintage hawaiian shirts. I think the necklace is likely mother of pearl beads from long ago.:yes: Nothing too valuable, but still fun to have.

Yes me too. All I could find were some vintage hawaiian shirts. I think the necklace is likely mother of pearl beads from long ago.:yes: Nothing too valuable, but still fun to have.

Hey I found a vintage scarf that compliments the yellow perfectly:;)

Attachments

• weirdpearls8.jpg
    weirdpearls8.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 326