Where to buy slips for see-thru dresses?

BabyK

O.G.
May 16, 2006
I've been buying so many maxis lately and some of them are too sheer to wear alone. Anyone know which slips are the best for maxis? Amd where to purchase them? Thanks in advance!! Sorry if it's a silly question. I've never owned a slip :shame:

Slips are hard to find. I think JC Penney has the best selection of slips, from various manufacturers. Slips usually come in nude, white or black and they come in a different lengths. Walmart may carry them too but they would have less of a variety. I think I have seen them in a Maidenform or a Vanity Fair Outlet store too.

What you want to buy depends upon if the top is sheer (a full slip) or just the bottom (a half slip) and the type of straps on the dress. You may want to bring one of your dresses with you when you go to try them on. For longer dresses I think a slip that goes to a few inches below knee looks best.

Good luck!

Or a modern option is a body slimer in nude. I got mine from tjmax
Go up a size for comfort and it will do the job of a slip .

I never thought of that for a maxi dress since most of them are flowy. I live in a very hot climate so the though of something tight, in a synthetic fabric, as an additional layer is my idea of torture! :P But I'll keep it in mind for late fall though early Spring. :biggrin:

I wear slips nearly every day, and they are very difficult to find in shops. Try Etsy or Ebay and search for vintage slips - anything from the 1950s to the 1980s is on there and many are a longer length and have beautiful detailing. If you don't want nylon there are some cotton and silk ones around.

Thank you all for the advice! I'm actually more concerned with the bottom part showing, so I guess a half slip? I can always wear bandeau or tube on top, so I wouldn't need a full body slilp. I will check out jcpenny, macys and target for now since they're more accessible for me... crossing fingers! Ty for suggestions! I probably won't go the spanx route since it'll probably be too hot for it during the summer, but maybe for the fall :smile:.