Talk me in... or out.. of taking off tags

StephNap127

May 8, 2012
I bought an Ashley Carryall a few weeks ago. It's a pearly grey/white color w/ lavendar lining. I have a matching large wristlet to use as a wallet.. and happened to have a card case that matches it too. I bought a heart fob that has purple in it too.

I think I'm so nervous about getting it dirty (more so pen marks or something like that, not dirt ). I want to try the compartments to see if that works for me. Also want to get the Laura tote in silver to use when day out w/ the kids or traveling to the beach or in a restaurant w/ them.. and they would coordinate. I've never carried a light "expensive" bag before, so guess just nervous. What I love about it is that it literally goes with everything I wear.

Have been contemplating a baby glam, as I like the lightness of them and the outside pocket (which is the one thing the Ashely is lacking for me, though i can reach in easily to grab my phone in the pocket. W the baby glams I only like the black, which I have been contemplating for a fall/winter bag. Was wondering if I should get it instead.. though not sure want to carry a black bag in summer.

Help!~ :smile:

Thanks, stephanie

The white is gorgeous for summer and I vote you cut the tags off! If later on you get a black bag all of your white accessories would make a nice combination with a black bag too. :cool:

Stephanie, I would use the Ashley! i have a coach white patent leather handbag from last season, and i used it all through the summers last year and am already wearing it this year. it now has some color transfer issues but i still love carrying it. A white handbag is a must have for summers imo!!!

use the bag , use it well...that's what i intend to do! :smile:

I don't like carryalls because they don't have a zip closure (and the middle zip compartment is usually flimsy) - I'm paranoid of stuff falling out or someone sticking their hand in my bag so main snap closures are out (for me). How do u feel about the carryall? I have the baby glam, I think it's smaller than the Ashley carryall but I'm not sure

well the shoulder handles (which are prob for the forearm but i can get it to my shoulder) are pretty high to the armpit so I'm not too worried about that. the other two compartments have magnetic snaps that seem to work well. i use the gallery tote now and never zipper due to the jacket zipper and sometimes falls over in the car. :rolleyes:

If we have to talk you into it, it's not love (IMO of course). If you're that unsure, maybe you should return her for something that you love and can't wait to cut the tags off.

I have the Ashley satchel in white (the one in my avatar) that I've been using almost exclusively for about 6 weeks now and it still looks brand new. No marks at all. I haven't treated the leather with anything, and I don't baby my purses. I say cut the tags off and enjoy your new bag!

Pncgirl... good point.... I like bag a lot its the bag shade I guess. Half my problem is I cant spend a lot...so Ill buy a mfff bag but wait..worrying something else would be better! I never used to buy pricey bags. My first one was a $100 Fossil bag my mom.bought me and I almost returned Bc I felt bad. Then I got turned onto Coach.... I want it all but cant!

I bought an Ashley Carryall a few weeks ago. It's a pearly grey/white color w/ lavendar lining. I have a matching large wristlet to use as a wallet.. and happened to have a card case that matches it too. I bought a heart fob that has purple in it too.

I think I'm so nervous about getting it dirty (more so pen marks or something like that, not dirt ). I want to try the compartments to see if that works for me. Also want to get the Laura tote in silver to use when day out w/ the kids or traveling to the beach or in a restaurant w/ them.. and they would coordinate. I've never carried a light "expensive" bag before, so guess just nervous. What I love about it is that it literally goes with everything I wear.

Have been contemplating a baby glam, as I like the lightness of them and the outside pocket (which is the one thing the Ashely is lacking for me, though i can reach in easily to grab my phone in the pocket. W the baby glams I only like the black, which I have been contemplating for a fall/winter bag. Was wondering if I should get it instead.. though not sure want to carry a black bag in summer.

Help!~ :smile:

Thanks, stephanie

I think we all go through this sometimes, questioning ourselves on whether to keep a bag or not.
Personally I think it's best to decide by how much I love the bag, or not.
What's the point of buying an expensive bag if the deciding factor is whether it's practical or not? There are lots of practical bags out there that we can buy for a lot less money.
I say keep it if you love it, if not return it for something you do love.
Whatever you keep/buy, use it and enjoy it.

I bought the parchment tossed Lindsey several weeks back and returned it for a Sophia blue python. I just decided for the money I can't have a bag I have to constantly worry about getting dirty and color transfers. I mean could you imagine how devastated I would be if I got a stain on the bag...it would be completely ruined and I wouldn't want to carry it...too much risk. It was a beautiful, beautiful bag but I just don't want the hassle of completely light bag. Not for $600

Here is a pic..
ashleyca3.jpg

wow.. yes that would not be good for a bag that pricey. the SA said she has a few bags that are light and they are fine and she doesn't baby her bags. I guess technically any light colored leather could get a mark on it. I will give myself a few more days... may check out the baby glam one more time before I decide. I could have used the FB 25% coupon!

Only used it 1 day, I like it fine, it's not love though, doesnt stay on my shoulder as good as the full size glam...I think I need to carry heavier stuff to help with that. It's a good size though.