Sales reveal - it's gorgeous!

nielkono

Aug 1, 2011
After my last bag purchase I decided that my next baby would be a black Alexander Wang Diego, a perfect pair for a leather jacket and aviators. I had saved up for it and I was planning on buying it in July when we travel to the United Statees for a holiday.

When Mulberry sales started I had no real plans on buying anything. I really liked the Oversized Travel Bag in Oak, but when it came to mytheresa.com, the sale percentage was just something around 30 %, and the bag was still awfully expensive in my opinion.

But then the M.com sales started, and what do I see – OS Travel Bag is 50 % off and the price was only 775 €! It was cheaper than Alexa and I liked it way better. But I had saved up for the Diego...

During all my deciding the bag was sold off from the website and my only option was to score at the store sales. The problem was that I had a meeting at the exact time the store opened. So I pursuated and begged for my boyfriend to help me get the bag. Fortunately he promised to try. I printed the essential information for him on a paper and crossed my fingers (I was already kind of obsessed about the bag at this point, didnät think my life would go on without it :biggrin:)

So what happened? My boyfriend scored it! There were like 10 other women waiting on the outside of the store. One of them headed straight to the Travel Bags, but luckily grabbed the smaller one and my boyfriend snatched the OS! They told him it was the last one in the store, so hooray! I’m so proud of him, because he usually doesn’t care that much about this hobby of mine but he was willing to go through all this trouble for me :’)

DSC_0781.jpg

DSC_0782.jpg

DSC_0783.jpg

DSC_0784.jpg

DSC_0785.jpg

I also tried the strap shortening method here and it works great!

DSC_0811.jpg

DSC_0802.jpg

So now I’m a proud owner of an Oak colored Mulberry – another kind of bag which I have had on my list! :smile:

Congrats and fab story. Sometimes holding things off can bring better things!

Can't say I'm the biggest travel day bag fan but this looks really good on you and I like your scarf :smile:

The leather is really really nice. Love it. Also love your scarf ;) what a great guy your boyfriend is and what a savvy shopper!! :smile:

I like the leather too. I asked the SA about this lambskin leather and can it hold more weight than Alexas (I've heard you shouldn't overpack those). She said thath this leather is more durable, which is great since I carry a lot of stuff :smile:

And I know, he is! :biggrin: I was kidding he could do all my shopping from now on. :P

I rather like the travel bags (I think it's because the Mulberry plaque on the front reminds me of old school satchels) and that one's the pick of the bunch - fantastic leather!

Congrats and fab story. Sometimes holding things off can bring better things!

Can't say I'm the biggest travel day bag fan but this looks really good on you and I like your scarf :smile:

I know, people on this forum didn't really seem to like the Travel Bags and I totally agreed then (I still think the green ones are awful)! But I just suddenly realized that this Oak Travel Bag has everything the Alexa is missing (in my opinion). It has more golden details and it can hold more weight. Plus it was on sale so... Yay :smile:

I rather like the travel bags (I think it's because the Mulberry plaque on the front reminds me of old school satchels) and that one's the pick of the bunch - fantastic leather!

The leather is lovely, I could just pet it all evening :P I really like the shine of the leather and the golden details! :smile:

The problem is the Pics on M are crap! I don't know who does their website but it's dreadful in my opinion.

I would never have considered buying one based on their pictures, but in your pics its looks amazing!!

Congratulations on a great buy!