Bunheads - From Executive Producer Amy Sherman-Palladino, creator of Gilmore Girls

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
Bunheads

Bunheads is the tale of a Las Vegas showgirl, who impulsively marries a man, moves to his sleepy coastal town, and takes an uneasy role at her new mother-in-law's dance school.

From Executive Producer Amy Sherman-Palladino, the creator of Gilmore Girls, the series will be headlined by Tony Award®-winning actor Sutton Foster. Bunheads is set to premiere Monday, June 11.

http://abcfamily.go.com/shows/bunheads

I was JUST thinking about Gilmore Girls today and how much I desperately miss that show. Seriously one of my favorite TV shows EVER. I am very excited to see Amy Sherman-Pallodino's new project..I will watch because she did an amazing job with GG.

This show looked to me more like a movie of the week instead of a series. But I have a dancer friend who is interested to watch. I only saw a flash of the husband in the previews but is that Cameron from Ferris Bueller?

This show looked to me more like a movie of the week instead of a series. But I have a dancer friend who is interested to watch. I only saw a flash of the husband in the previews but is that Cameron from Ferris Bueller?

The plot looks like it is better suited for a movie rather than TV. I still have my DVR set to record it though. It definitely looked like Cameron to me! I thought it was an interesting casting choice!

Did anyone catch this show?? Pilot just aired. I liked it! I did find the premise of the show to be really unbelievable (who just marries a guy like that moves across the country??). The ending of the pilot was even more unbelievable!!

However I like the multi-generational aspect of the characters - you have the older woman, the one in her 20s/30s and a bunch of teenagers.

I also had NO idea that "Emily Gilmore" was in this show!! Love her, she is such an amazing actress. She really sold the pilot for me. Also Sasha looks JUST LIKE rory gilmore, so not even funny!! And the main character Michelle is alot like Lorelai too - both are quick-talking, sarcastic witty women. I'm definitely seeing a lot of similarities between this and Gilmore Girls but it is different in a few ways too. I think I'll keep watching.

i think i'll probably keep watching it again if i can remember it's on. I agree on the beginning and the ending. just not realistic. she thinks this guy is SOOOOOOO annoying. then agrees to marry him when she's drunk. then she magically falls in love with him within one day.

i did think the other interactions were interesting. although not sure how much i like the main character.. but i guess she's probably one that needs to grow on you.

was also surprised to see emily gilmore lol.