Books & Music "You have to read this!": Books to Press on Others

I have purchased six copies and given away five of Good Omens or The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch written by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gamain. Somehow, I buy the book, lend it to someone... and then it never comes back to me. Often funny, this playful book looks at what it means to be human and divine at the end of the world.

Another book which I frequently buy and then give copies of to other people is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Set at the end of WWII in London and Guernsey, this book explores how important books and communities can be when everything around you is falling apart.

All Woman and Springtime by Brandon W. Jones: On a whim, I picked this up from the new release section of the library and I'm so glad I did. It's the story of two young women from North Korea who are sold as sex slaves. The book manages to be both entertaining and socially relevant at the same time.

Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea by Barbara Demick
I'll try this one.

All Woman and Springtime by Brandon W. Jones: On a whim, I picked this up from the new release section of the library and I'm so glad I did. It's the story of two young women from North Korea who are sold as sex slaves. The book manages to be both entertaining and socially relevant at the same time.

I'll try this one.

Enjoy! I passed it on to my husband, then a friend, then a co-worker. I told the last person to pass it on to someone else. It's such an important and incredibly disturbing book.

Destiny of the Republic:
A Tale of Madness, Medicie and the Murder ofa President

By Candice Millard

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It centers on the assassination of James Garfield , but I learned so much about politics, medicine, mental health, technology and the office of the President in the 1880's.

Aerial by Sylvia Plath. It's the only poetry book I actually own. I lost the book in a move and repurchased it again because I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum