HELP: Palest of Pale Foundations for Snow White Porcelain Skin

yax said:
Yeah it's funny when people think they're pale but they really aren't. It's not like its some sort of competition or anything, it's really annoying to have such pale skin because no drug store colour is pale enough, and it's just unhelpful for people to give recommendations when they have a different version of pale : )

I don't know if this is a good indication of how pale your skin is or not, but I am unable to tan in the sun at all, which indicates that I have practically no melonin in my skin (the colour pigment).

Anyway, I think you're on to something with the concealers, sometimes the only products that are in the right colour are concealers, and I sometimes use them as foundations when I'm running out of Stila, as they are made lighter to go on the under eye area to brighten dark circles.

It's a big problem that so few foundations are made light enough for pale skin, but setting powders are a whole other problem. I've bought so many powders that look like they'll be pale enough but turn out to be orange. I don't know if you have Collection 2000 in the States but their palest shade is good for me, It's not a very nice formula though.

I've never seen Collection 2000, but I can always check online. :smile:

You're totally right about concealers. Also luminizers tend to be true white with just a hint of pink, blue or yellow. I prefer the blue ones as they offset the pinky tones that happen when I blush. They also give me that glowing look. The drawback is that they have no coverage. Fortunately, other than the big blue shadows under my eyes, I don't have much to conceal.

For powder, I've switched entirely to Make Up Forever HD translucent powder for setting. It's a true white, but meant to be translucent. It works beautifully on me. Plus it has a gorgeous silky texture.

I keep a small powder compact in my purse for touch-ups. I found it at Sephora; it's Sephora's "Tricks of the Trade" mineral touch-up powder in the lightest (translucent) shade. It's just off-white with a slight yellow tone to it. The tone is a bit like fresh butter. I went to link it here and of course they no longer carry it. Grr! Here are the reviews. Perhaps you can find it on MakeUpAlley or eBay.
http://reviews.sephora.com/8723/P244708/reviews.htm

I'm attaching a pic I took of a manicure I did - it shows the true color of my skin better than any other picture. :smile:

Attachments

• image-2198175533.jpg
    image-2198175533.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 1,244
I think you should look at Ben nye. They are known for making stage makeup but they also make everyday makeup. They have the best range of colors they even have a white foundation.

bumping this thread.

my revlon "01" foundation colour has been discontinued :crybaby: so I went to every make up counter in a department store today looking for a replacement. the only colour that was light enough came home with me. it's by illamasqua. and at first I was really excited to finally get a colour light enough for me. then after I looked at the box I noticed it's made in Thailand?? and cost $52 after 20% off btw. my other makeup cost half that and is made in USA. anyways I'll keep it because I need the colour but it bloody better be the best foundation I've ever used.

^I watched that video but I don't think some of those options are pale enough. I currently use the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in the lightest shade (51). It's ALMOST a match-but when I had my hair pulled back the other day I realized that it doesn't match my neck-it's a shade or two too dark. I'm quite fair (my skin is a bit pinky because I'm so pale), but not nearly as fair as some of the ladies here.

I know someone mentioned Collection 2000 before-I got their concealer in shade 1 when I was in the UK and it's actually a bit too light for me.

I'm another pale pinky/blue undertone girl. I don't actually find the lightness to be the biggest problem -- there are tons of very pale shades out there -- but so many are yellow/orangey!! I tried literally every brand at Neimans last time I was looking and came up empty handed. Went to Sephora and had better luck: MakeUp Forever HD foundation has a lot of shades and makes them for all the undertones, and #110 is working well for me right now.

kimberf said:
I'm another pale pinky/blue undertone girl. I don't actually find the lightness to be the biggest problem -- there are tons of very pale shades out there -- but so many are yellow/orangey!!
I completely agree with this. It's difficult to find a more pinky white light color it seems like so many are yellowy orange

Lady Stardust said:
I completely agree with this. It's difficult to find a more pinky white light color it seems like so many are yellowy orange

So funny, because everything I find is either orange or pink based. I need suuuuper pale but yellow based with no red/pink/orange.

I have pale skin to. Most lines don't make a foundation light enough that I can wear. The nice thing about summer is that I can use my Clarins face self tanner. Its subtle color but puts me in a shade range where the lightest shades in a line will work. In the winter, I use Bobbi Brown Porcelain.

So funny, because everything I find is either orange or pink based. I need suuuuper pale but yellow based with no red/pink/orange.

Wow, strange. I'd say maybe a regional thing, but I'm in the Bay Area, so it's pretty much a melting pot here. I literally tried everything at NM with someone there helping me, and we gave up because everything was too yellow or orange, nothing pink enough!

Try Le Metier de Beaute, whatever their lightest color is. I bought it at NM at one point, but then realized it was too yellow for me. I think Makeup Forever's shades all come in pink undertone/yellow/neutral, so maybe their lightest yellow-based.

For powder, LeClerc used to make a pale pale yellow called Banane. Not sure if they still do, since it's not my shade.

Me too. I have some surface redness with a warmer neck/chest, and find a lot of the fairest shades (HD110, F&B38, CoverFX E0) are way too salmon-y.

Right now, I'm still using BB Alabaster (slight hair too pink), Chanel Mat Lumiere 0.5 (discontinued), skin79 Lovely Girl BB, and got a re-match to Stila TM in Fair (slight bit yellower than Bare).

I'm another pale pinky/blue undertone girl. I don't actually find the lightness to be the biggest problem -- there are tons of very pale shades out there -- but so many are yellow/orangey!! I tried literally every brand at Neimans last time I was looking and came up empty handed. Went to Sephora and had better luck: MakeUp Forever HD foundation has a lot of shades and makes them for all the undertones, and #110 is working well for me right now.

I have exactly the same problem. Especially here in Aus, because our selection is a little more limited.

I have exactly the same problem. Especially here in Aus, because our selection is a little more limited.

I'm also in Australia. I went to myer last week and looked at every brand on the cosmetics floor. I found a brand called illamasqua that have a perfect light shade that has pink undertones so I got that.