Your Experience with Different types of BEAUTY OILS?!

I've been mixing up base oils as my body moisturizer for years. I usually do a combination something like this:

Virgin Coconut oil or Monoi de Tahiti oil - both are great, my absolute favorite is scented Monoi de Tahiti which has a soft scent of flowers
Jojoba oil
Almond oil, Grape seed oil or Apricot oil (pricier but really good for dry skin)
Shea oil
A couple of Tablespoons of Vitamin E oil

Whatever I mix up it is always a little different but all is good with my skin. I put the body oil on before I dry off after a shower. My only problem is my dog loves the oils and if she comes into the bathroom she will start licking me.
I prefer oils that are fairly light and almost all have no scent. I have tried, in the past, using oils on my hair and my face but haven't seen any improvement so I didn't continue.

I mix up 32 ounces at a time and it lasts me a fewl months.

Do you mean damp skin? How can you apply oil to wet skin? And why wouldn't they work?

Yes, damp skin, like when you go out of the shower and then you use the towel to take the excess water but not to skin the water perfectly dry.
If the skin is dry the oils can't work well and can't be absorbed by skin, try to do some research on google. I have lots of link which explain it but unfortunately they're all in Italian.

Last edited:
Alice From Italy said:
Yes, damp skin, like when you go out of the shower and then you use the towel to take the excess water but not to skin the water perfectly dry.
If the skin is dry the oils can't work well and can't be absorbed by skin, try to do some research on google. I have lots of link which explain it but unfortunately they're all in Italian.

Ok thanks! I only put on moisturizers after I've washed my face anyway so I do it automatically. :smile:

Type of Oil: Jojoba, Argan
For Face or Hair?: Both
(if stated for hair)How was it on the hair? Both work well, Jojoba on my ends works well for moisturizing.
How was it on acne scars? N/A
How was it on anti-aging? No effect
What are the benefits that you know of in this oil?: Moisturizing, healing
Did you experience break outs/pore clogging: When I used the Jojoba oil for too long, I did notice clogged pores along my jawline.
How did this work for you, share your experience: Both are very moisturizing and healing. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and dry everywhere else and found that both oils worked well to keep my skin balanced.
Recommend? (or say if you prefer another oil to this) Yes

I use Rosehip Oil and LOVE it. I have very dry and sensitive skin and this makes my skin baby soft and hydrated in the morning. Nothing works as well as Rosehip Oil on my face. I put that on first, then my moisturizer. Rosehip oil contains antioxidants and essential fatty acids and is very high in vitamin C and A which is great for skin.

Type of Oil: Olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, sesame oil, grapeseed oil
For Face or Hair?: both (use grapeseed oil for my body and the rest for my hair)
(if stated for hair)How was it on the hair? I use oils as a pre-shampoo treatment and as a sealant. For pre-shampoo I mix equal parts olive oil and sesame oil. And my sealant mixture is equal parts coconut, jojoba, and castor oil
How was it on acne scars? N/A
How was it on anti-aging? N/A
What are the benefits that you know of in this oil?: I am aware that coconut and olive oil actually penetrate the hair strands which helps moisture the strands and minimizes/prevents hydral fatigue. Sesame oil strengthens the hair, adds shine, heals and nourishes the scalp. Jojoba oil acts like sebum and stimulates hair growth. Grapeseed oil provides sun protection, tightens and tones the skin.
Did you experience break outs/pore clogging: If I am heavy handed with my sealant, I break out around my forehead, but I make sure to wash my face/put a mask on afterwards
How did this work for you, share your experience: I mix grapeseed oil with my body lotion and it really helps with making my skin soft and more even toned. The other oils help reduce frizz, reduce single strand knots (I have super curly hair), promote hair growth, softens my hair and makes my scalp happy (I used to have dandruff) !!!
Recommend? (or say if you prefer another oil to this) I would recommend all of these oils. If grapeseed oil is too astrigent, either use apricot oil or add coconut oil to the grapeseed oil. And if your hair cannot tolerate coconut oil, try avocado oil since that is another oil that penetrates the hair shaft.

:huh::huh:o I just bought a facial oil from beauty.com today, the brand is 100% juice and it got really good reviews! I get random dry patches on my face every once in a while so I'm hoping this will prevent that. Otherwise, I have combination skin.

I'll come back and review once I've received it and used it for a little bit!

Type of Oil: Grapeseed Oil
For Face or Hair?: For the body
(if stated for hair)How was it on the hair? N/A
How was it on acne scars? N?A
How was it on anti-aging? Great - very moisturizing
What are the benefits that you know of in this oil?: Mositurizer, Astringent
Did you experience break outs/pore clogging: no
How did this work for you, share your experience:
Recommend? (or say if you prefer another oil to this
)

I use Rosehip Oil and LOVE it. I have very dry and sensitive skin and this makes my skin baby soft and hydrated in the morning. Nothing works as well as Rosehip Oil on my face. I put that on first, then my moisturizer. Rosehip oil contains antioxidants and essential fatty acids and is very high in vitamin C and A which is great for skin.

What brand of rosehip oil do you use?:smile:

I just started using sulwhasso ginseng oil--I bought samples from Ebay and love this product. The smell is great and you rub in on your hands and pat it on your face. It is very expensive for the bottle from the store site so I find it easier to buy samples of the product from Ebay.