~~ Another remake in the works: Steel Magnolias ~~

Don't forget they made that really bad sequel to Gone with the Wind decades later. A movie most thought was untouchable. In Hollywood nothing is sacred as long as it has the potential to bring in $$

^ totally agree. You can't remake a classic; would you dare try with Casablanca? So many good quotes from that film. 'you are evil and you must be destroyed', 'I can jog all the way to Texas and back but my daughter can't...' (always makes me cry)

'Steel Magnolias' Remake Cast: Queen Latifah, Alfre Woodard, Phylicia Rashad, Jill Scott To Star

Meet the new "Steel Magnolias": Queen Latifah, Alfre Woodard, Phylicia Rashad and Jill Scott will star in Lifetime's remake of the classic 1989 film. Adepero Oduye and Rashad’s daughter, Condola Rashad, will also star. The contemporary remake of the film follows six Louisiana women, M'Lynn (Queen Latifah), Ouiser (Woodard), Clairee (Phylicia Rashad), Truvy (Scott), Annelle (Oduye) and Shelby (Condola Rashad), as they support each other through the trials and tribulations of life.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/19/steel-magnolias-remake-queen-latifah_n_1364421.html

---------------------------

I LOVE the original so I'm going to be naturally critical *flips hair*
Not sure how I feel about Phylicia Rashad as 'Clairee' - I guess because I'm so use to her playing serious roles. lol

Okay, I'll admit that I'm probably the only woman who doesn't "get" Steel Magnolias. I just don't like it but I think it's idiotic that they would even consider remaking such an iconic classic movie.

'Steel Magnolias' Remake Cast: Queen Latifah, Alfre Woodard, Phylicia Rashad, Jill Scott To Star

Meet the new "Steel Magnolias": Queen Latifah, Alfre Woodard, Phylicia Rashad and Jill Scott will star in Lifetime's remake of the classic 1989 film. Adepero Oduye and Rashad’s daughter, Condola Rashad, will also star. The contemporary remake of the film follows six Louisiana women, M'Lynn (Queen Latifah), Ouiser (Woodard), Clairee (Phylicia Rashad), Truvy (Scott), Annelle (Oduye) and Shelby (Condola Rashad), as they support each other through the trials and tribulations of life.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/19/steel-magnolias-remake-queen-latifah_n_1364421.html

---------------------------

I LOVE the original so I'm going to be naturally critical *flips hair*
Not sure how I feel about Phylicia Rashad as 'Clairee' - I guess because I'm so use to her playing serious roles. lol

After looking at that cast list I know that I will definitely be watching.

It looks like they've got a great cast but it's STEEL MAGNOLIAS for god's sake. I'm curious how close it will stick to the original. What with this and Lindsay Lohan playing Liz Taylor I might be watching quite a bit of Lifetime.