OPINIONS pls for Coach ballet flats...

beautibabe

Jan 16, 2007
What do you girls think of these? Does anyone have them & can anyone tell me if they're comfortable to wear?

I'm having a tough time deciding whether or not to purchase these. I like them because of the color & style, but I'm holding back because I have this strange, persistent notion that wearing designer shoes made by the same designer for handbags is kind of tacky (no offense to anyone, of course. It's just what comes to my mind). Maybe it's because I saw this one fellow all decked out in LV one time and another lady decked out in Coach everything *literally* (boots, scarf, bags, watch, bangle, cell phone case/holder, you name it, she's wearing it!) Trust me, girls, it was seriously overwhelming :wtf:

Please let me know what you think. I really like hearing from all of you & am appreciative your opinions & comments. They help a lot! Hence why this forum is FANTASTIC ! :P I really enjoy posting here. hehe.

Anyway, here are the pictures:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Wearing matching designer shoes/handbag isn't tacky. Wearing designer clothing and accessories from head to toe is totally tacky and tasteless. Plus, I doubt that the bag you'd carry when wearing these shoes would be in an identical pattern, right?

I think you'll be just fine. Just don't wear your matching Coach scarf, sweater, cell phone holder, perfume and sunglasses at the same time... :yucky:

I like them. I tried on a pair of different shoes at the end last year's summer season-around November of 2006, they were a 1/2 size too small (they only had 9 1/2 and I am a 10) and even those were really comfortable. They are extremely easy to walk in. I have never walked in them for a long period of time, though. I would try them on and do a round of the shoe department, etc. and see how they feel on you. Good luck, let us know your decision. :smile:

i have those in pink. i also have a few other coach flats. they're comfy.

most of their ballet flats run a 1/2 size big, so keep that in mind.

and don't worry about the shoes looking tacky with a bag. those are subtle coach- if they were the sig ones (not an optic), that might be different. i usually have my black sig flats and my legacy bag- and all my accessories are coach (but those don't count cause they're in my bag). if i happen to be wearing my khaki sig sneakers, i make sure to not wear my matching carryall.

I wear heels more often than not but I really am starting to like the ballet flats.. I say if you are a wearer of flats.. go for it as they are really cute. No matter if you're carrying a coach bag and wearing coach shoes -- they're not really loud and obnoxious.. just plain cute.

I like them. I tried on a pair of different shoes at the end last year's summer season-around November of 2006, they were a 1/2 size too small (they only had 9 1/2 and I am a 10) and even those were really comfortable. They are extremely easy to walk in. I have never walked in them for a long period of time, though. I would try them on and do a round of the shoe department, etc. and see how they feel on you. Good luck, let us know your decision. :smile:

tigerdrago28: I'm most definitely looking for a pair of comfy shoes that are extremely easy to walk in :yes: Unfortunately, we don't have Coach stores any department stores that sell anything other than Coach handbags & small accessories, so I'm very limited in my options to go try one out. :sweatdrop: So right now, I'd be solely basing it on the pictures & from your girls' opinions!

tigerdrago28: Thanks for your reply! I'm most definitely looking for a pair of comfy shoes that are extremely easy to walk in :yes: Especially for spring/summer when I'll be out & about enjoying the sun. hehe.

Unfortunately, we don't have Coach stores any department stores that sell anything other than Coach handbags & small accessories, so I'm very limited in my options to go try one out. :sweatdrop: So right now, I'd be solely basing it on the pictures & from your girls' opinions! I'm definitely still debating (3 hrs until bidding ends!!)

Wearing matching designer shoes/handbag isn't tacky. Wearing designer clothing and accessories from head to toe is totally tacky and tasteless. Plus, I doubt that the bag you'd carry when wearing these shoes would be in an identical pattern, right?

I think you'll be just fine. Just don't wear your matching Coach scarf, sweater, cell phone holder, perfume and sunglasses at the same time... :yucky:

mokoni: Thanks for your reply! Actually, I don't even have that many Coach items to wear all at the same time :roflmfao: Even if I did, I'd be sure to steer clear of overdressing myself with one designer brand. hehe. That's definitely a no no :yucky:

i have those in pink. i also have a few other coach flats. they're comfy.

most of their ballet flats run a 1/2 size big, so keep that in mind.

and don't worry about the shoes looking tacky with a bag. those are subtle coach- if they were the sig ones (not an optic), that might be different. i usually have my black sig flats and my legacy bag- and all my accessories are coach (but those don't count cause they're in my bag). if i happen to be wearing my khaki sig sneakers, i make sure to not wear my matching carryall.

kallison: Thanks for your reply & for giving me the heads up that they are 1/2 a size big. My shoe size is usually around the 8.5-9 area, depending on the shoe. So I'm hoping the fitting will be ok :P I'd much prefer having a pair of black Coach ballet flats (I :heart: the color black cause it's just so versatile), but I haven't been able to find a pair. I saw them several months ago, but haven't had any luck recently :shrugs:

I wear heels more often than not but I really am starting to like the ballet flats.. I say if you are a wearer of flats.. go for it as they are really cute. No matter if you're carrying a coach bag and wearing coach shoes -- they're not really loud and obnoxious.. just plain cute.

finzup: Thanks for your reply! I'm on the same boat too!! I find that flats are the way to go whenever you want to walk around for a very long time (say, shopping in outdoor malls in California or going to Disneyland or going sight-seeing? :P haha. I'm going there in the summer, so I'm looking for a cute pair of ballets to wear then). It's too tiring/hot to wear heels all the time, even though heels are hot ;)

mokoni: Thanks for your reply! Actually, I don't even have that many Coach items to wear all at the same time :roflmfao: Even if I did, I'd be sure to steer clear of overdressing myself with one designer brand. hehe. That's definitely a no no :yucky:
LOL - I don't have that much Coach stuff, either. Can you imagine, though? My husband told me that one of the girls in his department came in to work all decked out in fake LV - coat, hat, bag, etc. I so wish I could have seen that. :P