My Edited to 10 Bags Collection

alyra

Feb 14, 2006
Super modest collection compared to most of you, but I got out all my bags to check for maintenance/etc and thought I would share. I sold the majority of my collection at the beginning of the year and limited myself to ten bags. Here's what I kept, in chronological order of purchase. :smile:

1) 1999 - Tom Ford era Jackie O. I think this was the first reissue. In blue canvas with black leather trim.
2) 2003 - Marc Jacobs - Yellow Tote (I have no idea if this style has a name).
3) 2004 - Kooba Sienna in Luggage (second issue I believe).
4) 2005 - Marc Jacobs Stam in Black (also the second season).
5) 2006 - Balenciaga City - Rouge VIF
6) 2009 - Gryson Cybelle Top Handle in Black
7) 2009 - Gryson Cybelle Top Handle in Moss Green
8) 2011 - PS11 Classic in Black
9) 2011 - AW Rocco Black/Brass
10) 2012 - PS1 SKA in Bronze

Pictures next. :smile:

My Gucci. Love this color combo, plus I have a pair of heels, a black leather trimmed top/skirt and cashmere sweater from this same collection.

Attachments

• Gucci.jpg
    Gucci.jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 3,274
Love love love the Stam although the awkward shape means it holds less than it looks like it should. The Yellow tote has been completely untreated and there isn't a mark on it. I think Marc Jacobs' leather holds up really well, although obviously I haven't bought one in some time. Still true?

Attachments

• MJ.jpg
    MJ.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 3,030
My one Balenciaga. I wouldn't mind getting a black first or work (I had one in my hands when they very first came out, and didn't have the $750 for it as a grad student. Sob.) I love this red, and I wore this bag almost exclusively for 2 years I think? I need to bring it to ArtBags or someplace in NYC (any recs?) to clean/fix up some of the piping. Dark handles, I didn't know about FHO at the time.

Attachments

• Bal.jpg
    Bal.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 2,986
Joy Gryson was a designer for Marc Jacobs, and it shows. I love the Cybelle top handle. Got them on sale. Leather reminds me of Bal leather, very soft and slouchy. I like the off-beat take on a messenger.

Attachments

• Gryson.jpg
    Gryson.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 3,220
My current everyday bag (just got a prisma wallet to carry with). I love the studs on the bottom. Weight doesn't bother me at all. It's not as pebbled on the sides as many I have seen, but I like that it looks a little different, and again it is very slouchy (it is loaded up in the pic).

Attachments

• AW.jpg
    AW.jpg
    692.5 KB · Views: 3,121
And here they are all together. Just for the hell of it. So small collection I know, but I love them all. I'm new to posting pics (I've only done it once before). They seem huge and I resized them down by 75%. :/ Anyway, hope you like. :smile:

Attachments

• all bags.jpg
    all bags.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 3,044
Thanks! It was partially out of necessity. We have a lab puppy who chews everything and the only place I could be sure she wouldn't get at my bags was in my hope chest. Plus, I watched a few too many episodes of Hoarders! I cleaned out clothes and shoes too.

Thanks! It was partially out of necessity. We have a lab puppy who chews everything and the only place I could be sure she wouldn't get at my bags was in my hope chest. Plus, I watched a few too many episodes of Hoarders! I cleaned out clothes and shoes too.

OMG! Lol. After Hoarding numerous episodes of Hoarders on my DVR and having a little marathon, I too cleaned out a LOT of things that I owned several months ago. That show will scare you straight :smile: Lovely collection!