Another fake bag on ebay >>

VenetiaWanter

Dec 28, 2006
So I bought a bag, as some of you know, this one's fake, I had to pay £35 custom charges, and I'll have to pay the postage to get the item back to the seller.
I said that I didn't feel comfortable with sending her the bag back, because she doesn't seem happy with giving me my full refund. I also said that I wouldn't be closing the paypal dispute I had opened a week ago (an item-not received dispute).

I got this email back...

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]why would I close my account just because of one faulty sell?All was going well until this sell.It says there that I have to provide you with the full refund?Our agreement was to refund you the item amount less shipping.I'm not forgetful yet.You've agreed on that.It's so simple, why can't you understand?Why are you holding onto the bag if you didn't like it? To make this thing easy,LETS PUT IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS.THIS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR US TO GET WHAT WE WANT AND BE FAIR ON BOTH SIDES(1)YOU END THE DISPUTE SINCE YOU'VE RECEIVED THE ITEM.YOU WERE JUST NOT SATISFIED.YOU'VE SAID ON YOUR POSTED NOTE THAT YOU'LL END IT ONCE YOU RECEIVE THE BAG.NOW YOU'VE CHANGED YOUR MIND AND INSTEAD OF CLOSING THE DISPUTE YOU WANT TO WAIT FOR YOUR REFUND,WHY IS THAT?(2)YOU SEND ME THE BAG AND PROVIDE ME WITH THE TRACKING INFO AS YOU'VE SAID EARLIER.I DON'T EVEN ASK THAT I RECEIVE THE BAG BEFORE I REFUND.I WAS JUST ASKING FOR THE TRACKING INFO TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE RETURNING THE BAG.YOU EVEN SUGGESTED THIS ON YOUR PREVIOUS EMAIL.(3) I REFUND YOUR MONEY. IDON'T KNOW WHY IT'S SO DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M ASKING.EVEN A 10 YR OLD WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT.
YOU ARE THE ONE WHO'S MAKING THIS UGLY.AS I TOLD YOU I JUST NEED A REASSURANCE THAT THE BAG IS BEING RETURNED TO ME SO I CAN RETURN IT,TOO.I BOUGHT THAT BAG FOR $439.00.I THINK I LOST MORE MONEY THAN YOU DID. WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME TO REFUND WITHOUT MY MERCHANDISE?THE AGREEMENT IS THAT IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT YOU'LL SEND IT BACK TO ME AND THEN I REFUND YOUR MONEY.WHAT'S SO COMPLICATED ABOUT THAT? IF I REFUND YOU THE MONEY,WHERE'S THE REASSURANCE THAT I WOULD GET IT BACK?I'LL REFUND YOUR MONEY AS SOON AS I GET THE TRACKING INFO,SAME DAY.I HOPE THIS IS MAKING MORE SENSE TO YOU.THANK YOU.

No idea how to respond to this, she wants to refund the money -the shipping costs it cost her, which is $30, when I won the item, the listing said $15, which I paid, but then she mailed me saying it cost $30 and wanted me to send the extra. I said I would if I didn't have to pay custom fees, and I said I would close the dispute when I got the bag, maybe I should have specified that I would only close the dispute if the bag I received was real
[/FONT]

hi there
I am sorry for your trouble.....
as I have said elsewhere when someone asked whether they should open a dispute for an item not received - if you do that you can't change the dispute once the item arrives to 'significantly not as described'. I think that the seller just needs to provide the tracking info - and then paypal will close the dispute by themselves. when you say dispute... did you escalate to a claim or did you stick with the first level?
does she have tracking for the item? if not, it is a different story as she cannot prove that she shipped the item to you.
IMO it all depends on whether she can prove that you have received the bag. if yes, to be honest you don't really have many choices. you will have to either follow her steps or forget about it.

I am sure paypal states somewhere in their dispute/claim procedures that you cannot change to something else so you can't do anything about the fake, except hope the lady will refund you if she can close the claim/dispute.

.<<<<<I BOUGHT THAT BAG FOR $439.00.I THINK I LOST MORE MONEY THAN YOU DID. >>>>>>

I just have to say what a cheek, she should have returned the bag to the seller who sold it to her then instead of selling it on to someone else. And because of her dishonesty now you have to fork out the extra costs

Also you should specify to her that you will return the bag to her when she agrees to a full refund. You should send it recorded with a tracking number so that your covered and she can't come back and say item not received. And tell her you will end the paypal despute when you receive your refund.

Sorry this has happened to you and good luck, also by any chance could you tell me the sellers name so i know to avoid. Ebay has just become such a mine field of fakes its hard to tell which sellers are genuine and and which are not. Especially with alot of story's of power sellers with a 100% and 99% feedback selling fakes.

Yeah she has proof, that's a terrible paypal policy imo, i am so upset right now, she's acting like im in the wrong for wanting my refund,
tigger22 : maley28
s.gif

If a seller waits until the money has been received, before they send the item, why, do they refuse to do the same in return.

I am in a total quandry here. I want to share some information, if only I knew the best way.

I cannot understand Why she wants you to pay for the return postage.

Some people must have no conscience at all, she has sent you a fake bag and she is expecting you to ship it back, at your expense.

The one thing I do now know, and I will shout out loud, is that if the customs people or Trading standards were involved, she could be in BIG trouble, to the extent she could lose her bags and her money!!!!!