Pandora Large or Medium?

iiibbystar

O.G.
Mar 17, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am planning to buy my first Pandora bag, but unfortunately, because I'm buying it on Ebay, I won't be able to test the sizes. The Pandora that I want to bid on is a Large, but I'm not sure if it'd be too large for my frame. I'm 5'4, and I do have a preference for large slouchy bags, but based on what I could gather, a Medium would be most practical. Does anyone have pictures of celebrities/people wearing the large and medium pandoras for me to compare?

Thanks in advance for your help :smile:

Hmm, based on the dimensions, there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between the medium or large. BTW, I am looking at the Pandora reference thread - Givenchy Pandora Reference Thread - Sizes and Measurements.

According to that thread:
Medium Pandora Messenger (shiny version is cheaper than grained version)
9.5" x 15" x 7"

Large Pandora Messenger (shiny)
9" x 15" x 9"

In another thread, Nielnielniel points out that there is a difference in the shoulder straps of the medium and large bags, with the latter having a longer strap. I think you should look at that thread because another tPFer, Peaberry, lists that she is of the same height as you and got the medium. You could reach out to her for advice.

Anyway, here you go - Do I go Medium or Large Pandora?

And look at this thread for reference pics as well - Show Pics of your GIVENCHY in Action!!

Good luck!

Thanks for all your input! Based on my research, it looks like a medium would fit me the best. I'm just so reluctant to let this Ebay item go because it is Black suede--which I love! I guess I'll think about it some more.

Thanks for all your input! Based on my research, it looks like a medium would fit me the best. I'm just so reluctant to let this Ebay item go because it is Black suede--which I love! I guess I'll think about it some more.

I think you will be happy with the medium. I'm 5'3" and have a medium, and it is definitely plenty big for my height. I've seen the large in person, and it was too big for me. Another thing to consider is the type of leather. Softer leathers slouch more - the bag will condense into itself. If you google Givenchy Pandora, you will see plenty of pics on all sorts of celebs....