~The Bachelorette: Emily Maynard~

Can anyone tell me briefly what happened between her and Brad? I didn't watch then. Oh, are maybe a link that would sum it up? Thanks, if you can.

I don't have any links but the 2 main stumbling blocks from what I recall reading were:

He didn't get that free time for fun is much more limited when a child is in the family. Emily has always said her daughter is the most important thing in her life and Brad couldn't adjust enough in the outside socializing area of life.

The other thing I read is that he has a really bad temper and it came out more and more as they were together.

I hope others have more specific info than what I remember.

I liked Emily and was rooting for her during Brad's second season. They didn't last (he may have some issues) but I can't wait to watch this season.

I didn't care for Ben's season so didn't watch and I didn't watch the last Bachelorette season either. I was not interested in what that dentist had to offer.

I'm bummed I missed last nights episode tho. Was it good?

So excited for this sesason! The last two were total bores, I stopped watching at episode 2. Emily seems so genuine plus she is stunning to look at. :biggrin:

Why is the MC/party guy so bitter about 'helicopter guy'? Nobody cares anymore. Get over it. :rolleyes: I hope he gets sent home quickly...

I liked Emily and was rooting for her during Brad's second season. They didn't last (he may have some issues) but I can't wait to watch this season.

I didn't care for Ben's season so didn't watch and I didn't watch the last Bachelorette season either. I was not interested in what that dentist had to offer.

I'm bummed I missed last nights episode tho. Was it good?

It's up on ABC now. :smile:

I could just STARE at Emily all day long. She's my girl crush :biggrin:

Love that she's holding up her own on the first day. That's saying a lot if you had seen the other Bachelorettes.

Don't really know who I like yet. At most a couple were decent, but I felt that she didn't really get a good bunch. No one was really handsome either.

But you could tell she really liked Ryan, from her body language when she's with him. I think Charlie, big guy, is getting a good edit, so he might go far.

Last edited:
does anyone know where this was filmed in Charlotte? I don't recognize this big mansion/hotel. Is it the Ballantyne resort?
It is actually just a few minutes from my house off of Ardrey Kell in Ballantyne. There are a few mansions back there that are very hidden. I drive down that road about 4 times a week and have never seen the house!

as a parent myself i love that she filmed in her hometown. i don't think a previous bachelor or bachelorette has done that in the past. i'm sure she will travel during the season without her daughter, but just the fact that she filmed in her hometown is terrific.

ha! I figured it was in Ballantyne. so pretty. I am over the series because of the recycling of bachelors & bachelorettes, but I will try to watch this go round.

so far I like Ryan, Charlie and Arie - the race care driver. not sure of his name.

and the helicopter guy didn't bother me. he's a luxury brand consultant which is probably my dream job! lol. he seems harmless.

It is actually just a few minutes from my house off of Ardrey Kell in Ballantyne. There are a few mansions back there that are very hidden. I drive down that road about 4 times a week and have never seen the house!

Sigh, I miss Charlotte and the potential to get excessively large homes for comparatively little $$. Gorgeous!!!

Everyone in the area should check out 5Church, a new restaurant opening uptown by some of my friends :yahoo:

I'm so looking forward to this season. I wonder who said that she has baggage??? And my favorite so far has to be the dad! He is so handsome and seems genuine and totally himself.

I am wondering if the guy that made the baggage comment was that weirdo that came in on the helicopter. What a rotten thing to say though!

I love that Ryan guy, the guy she gave the first impression rose to (think he was the dad), and also the guy that has the water company. I think he came in on the skateboard.

Why do these people feel they have to be so gimmicky for her to remember them. it is so annoying. I mean that guy in the grannie outfit, and the moron carrying the egg were so ridiculous. It was pathetic.

I love driving through the south end of Charlotte--everything looks beautiful--the homes, churches, schools, etc. SouthPark is my all time favorite shopping mall.

Emily seems so mature and graceful for her young age. I guess having a child while grieving your lost love would either make you or break you. I hope so much that she finds someone worthy of her. I already have a soft spot for Ryan, the dad of Austin who wrote the letter to Emily.

I really think ABC wanted to boost ratings and they wanted Emily for the last Bachelorette but she didn't want to leave her daughter. ABC made accomadations to get her on the show which is wonderfu by going to her hometown to film instead of LA.