HELP, PLEASE! Authenticate this VALENTINO Nuage Bow Bag in black patent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2006
I'd so appreciate it if anyone familiar with Valentino can help me.

I am having serious doubts about this Valentino Nuage Black Patent Bow Bag I bought from this seller on ebay, here's the link. It arrived with the big bow untied and unsewn to the bag, which is HUGELY different from the Authentic one sold in the Valentino boutique on Rodeo Drive. The bag there has the bow sewn/fastened onto the bag in three different places, the bow can't come untied. She never disclosed this difference in her listing, and I would NEVER have bought it if I had known the bow was able to be untied.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110237841015&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001

This seller has a "Return Policy" offering 100% satisfaction, but now refuses to take the bag back unless I send her a letter from the Valentino boutique saying the bag she gave me is a fake. She refuses to tell me where she bought the bag, and for the most part has been very unpleasant. She sold the bag as "gently used" and did not disclose the unraveling threads nor dents/scratches in the patent (my pictures attached). I've filed a SNAD (Significantly Not as Described) to Paypal, and am awaiting their verdict. I've talked to two other people I know who has the bag, and their bows are sewn on. Anyone know if Valentino ever came out with a first edition of this bag with the bow unsewn/unattached? If I need to get my bag officially authenticated, who should I go to? I have a feeling the Valentino corporate offices don't want to get involved with any of this. Any advice would be so appreciated.

Here's the Seller's Original Ebay Listing Pic showing bow, no mention of it being untied/unsewn onto bag.

47b8da36b3127ccec3b6ac241eec00000045108Iat27Zq1aA9vPgI

Pic of bag when it arrived, bow untied:
47b8da36b3127ccec3b6db6adf3100000045138Iat27Zq1aA9vPgI

Pic of unraveled threads on bow:
47b8da36b3127ccec3b6e7d2df9700000045118Iat27Zq1aA9vPgI

Picture of scratches in patent:
47b8da36b3127ccec3b7f5afffaf00000046108Iat27Zq1aA9vPgI

I don't know enough about Valentino to advise you on the authenticity of the bag, but from your photos and description, even if it IS authentic, it sounds like you definitely got a bag SNAD. I think you did the right thing in filing.

As for getting a proper authentication letter, try CarolDiva, at http://www.caroldiva.com/. She may well be able to help you or at the very least guide you to someone who can.

Good luck!

UPDATE: k, here's what's been happening, the case FINALLY ruled in my favor becase the bag was a FAKE, but look at all I had to do to get to this point. Ugh! Hope my bag drama provides help/reassurance to any others going through the same thing.

Thanks to MyP**p*tt* and their unresponsiveness in authenticating the bag & sending me a written letter of non-authenticity, I went over the 10-day deadline set for me by Paypal, which stressed me out like crazy. This site's customer service, or lack thereoff, ran like a scam.

I, however, stayed in contact with PP, and they said that even if the case closed and ruled against me because I couldn't get in a letter proving the bag was a fake in time (which it did because the deadline passed), PP is obligated to open any case, no matter how much time has passed, if there is written proof of non-authenticity from an accepted source. Crappy thing with this PP policy is that once the case closes, the funds held in the seller's account gets released, which is totally stupid because it leaves the buyer unprotected for the full amount if the purchase price was over $200.

In a nutshell, cuz MyP**p*tt* screwed me over by not responding within the turnaround time I paid for, my case got closed by PP, I had to email MP every day for that darn non-authenticity letter, finally got it after 2+weeks, got the case reopened, PP ruled in my favor, but was only able to recover 50% of the $$ I paid cuz the held funds were released to the seller when they initially closed the PP claim.

Thank heavens I paid with my CC, I would NEVER pay for anything on Ebay with a CC! If need be, I'm getting the rest of my $$ from my CC.

I'm in the process of asking for the extra money I paid for rush service to MP (it wasn't cheap!) refunded because I obviously paid for an expedited service I never got.

ps...if you have any bag, especially LV, to authenticate, DEF go to Caroldiva!!! I emailed her initially to get her help, she responded IMMEDIATELY within hours which is so awesome & assuring, but unfortunately she couldn't authenticate the brand my fake bag was. Love her anyways!

BTW, through all my fake bag drama, I discovered a service, Colinsworth www.colinsworth.com, which is a 3rd party escrow service for people buying high-value items on ebay. For an extra $20 & 6% of total purchase price, they will make sure the bag you won & paid for is authentic, or your money back. What happens is that they contact the seller and get them agree to send them the bag for authentication if you win the auction. You pay the winning bid $$ for the item to Colinsworth and they place the bid for you. Conlinsworth pays the seller the money, gets the bag sent to their headquarters, has their experts authenticate it, and sends you the bag, free of any worry about authenticity! If the seller disagrees with sending Colinsworth the bag (even though it doesn't cost the seller any extra & they receive the full purchase $$ before they send out the bag), well you know you're prob not working with someone who is selling authentic items.

An extra $60+ to authenticate isn't cheap, but on an item you're paying over $600+ for, I think it's worth it. Remember, it isn't a deal if it's fake!
eBay-Buyers-Graph.jpg

I just wanted to ask you why PP is not sending you the balance of the funds as the seller is still selling bags on E-Bay AND accepting PP. His/Her PP account would have been put into a negative balance when they refunded you your money. The minute he accepted a new payment for anything part of it would have gone to covering his overdraft and PP should have sent the balance you were owed. PP's users agreement says that they will refund you to the extent that they can recover the funds from the user. In this case he is still accepting PP which means there is no limits placed on his account and you should contact them for the balance of your money.

can someone please authenticate this asap? cos i am about to buy this bag.,

Attachments

• 100_47520.JPG
    100_47520.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 100_47540.JPG
    100_47540.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 864
  • 100_47560.JPG
    100_47560.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 931
  • 100_47581.JPG
    100_47581.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 794
  • 100_47591.JPG
    100_47591.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 787
I just saw a Valentino Nuage Bow Bag in Black pat on ebay and emailed the seller some questions about the bag, which I have no response yet. But then found your posting which was very helpful and I will follow your suggestion. Several months ago I listed
an Authentic Valentino Patent Histoire bag in a rich burgundy. I was only selling the bag for less than half of the orginal store price since I got such a good deal when I purchased it from a major department store. In my ad I listed all my purchase information to help buyers to do the check in advance, I got more fake people with fake offers to the point I was happy when it was over. I didn't sell it but it was a good lesson on how to not sell things of high value and quality without using a store to do it for you! Now I guess the same applies to purchases. thanks

Hello I have purchased a Valentino and was wondering if the Symbol had changed over time because mine is mores rectangular like which leads me to believe mine is older there is no model number but the zipper says blitz and also on inside says genuine leather made in Italy it has a brass V clamp on outside to open and is a tote any Info will rely help me out I would make own thread but im a new member and cant post any threads PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello I have purchased a Valentino and was wondering if the Symbol had changed over time because mine is mores rectangular like which leads me to believe mine is older there is no model number but the zipper says blitz and also on inside says genuine leather made in Italy it has a brass V clamp on outside to open and is a tote any Info will rely help me out I would make own thread but im a new member and cant post any threads PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi, there's an authentication thread in the Valentino forum to ask in here: http://forum.purseblog.com/valentino/authenticate-this-valentino-read-post-1-first-649683.html#post17457073

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.