Three Day Sale SS2012

Linda--maybe you can follow up with Janelle to confirm the hardware? How do you feel about the bag overall now that you received it?

I've emailed her and hope to hear back, I had even written to them after my order to be absolutely sure I ordered the brass and they confirmed that I did. I adore the brown/brass combo and would never purchase a brown bag that any other color hardware.

So far I like the bag ok but I was so disappointed in the hardware and figured it would need to go back that I put it right back in it's dustbag and back in the box. I didn't take it out and moon over it, try it on etc. as I would have if it had been what I was expecting. I have another BE bag here that I purchased just recently from Bonanza and the brass looks like brass should..

I have heard back from their CS and they are going to have the correct bag sent out to me, YAY!! So now that I'm feeling better about things I took it out and snapped a few pics and then put it right back in the box. The leather is AMAZING! The most perfect shade of brown and so much depth to the color. If this had brass hardware I would have been a very happy camper this afternoon.

Attachments

• BE1.jpg
    BE1.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 339
  • BE2.jpg
    BE2.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 337
  • BE3.jpg
    BE3.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 374
I think it is odd too...I mean how would a casual buyer (non-TPFer) know that there were other bags and to ask? I love the look of BE bags but find it difficult to purchase them...I mean the process is confusing. They need to make things more transparent and user friendly, especially it they want to grow. Several times I expressed interest in purchasing a BEC for leather not shown on the site...they kept telling me it was there...and it seriously wasn't there. I gave up on it. When CS followed up again a couple months later, I did not have the funds

If I recall correctly previous sales were done on a first come, first serve basis when the sale site launched. You could not pre-sale. VanBod1525 I am definitely not a neutral bag girl. I was interested in that MMS Mini in the Pink Sorbet Chevron but didn't see it as part of the sale. Must have sold out before the sale or someone got to it first. I would not doubt it got snatched up quickly. Although I do think some VIP customers who buy a lot....Nunnla etc should be able get the benefit of of pre-sale and can understand that.

Am I the only one who thinks it is a bit odd that all the sale bags were not on the site and that people could buy them before the sale?

Melissa - I didn't see anything wow but I guess it all comes down to your personal preference. If you like classic neutral colours, then this was the sale for you.

I think it is odd too...I mean how would a casual buyer (non-TPFer) know that there were other bags and to ask? I love the look of BE bags but find it difficult to purchase them...I mean the process is confusing. They need to make things more transparent and user friendly, especially it they want to grow. Several times I expressed interest in purchasing a BEC for leather not shown on the site...they kept telling me it was there...and it seriously wasn't there. I gave up on it. When CS followed up again a couple months later, I did not have the funds

If I recall correctly previous sales were done on a first come, first serve basis when the sale site launched. You could not pre-sale. VanBod1525 I am definitely not a neutral bag girl. I was interested in that MMS Mini in the Pink Sorbet Chevron but didn't see it as part of the sale. Must have sold out before the sale or someone got to it first. I would not doubt it got snatched up quickly. Although I do think some VIP customers who buy a lot....Nunnla etc should be able get the benefit of of pre-sale and can understand that.

Personally I still think a sale should be about having fun and some element of suspense in it..like what bags will be there? Can I find a one-of-the kind bag? Will there be some one-off leather? etc.etc. ..and I would rather that a VIP client could be able to either buy a bag or two at a lower price during the year, or get a free AP or a smaller item matching a BEC bag..or something like that..

I have heard back from their CS and they are going to have the correct bag sent out to me, YAY!! So now that I'm feeling better about things I took it out and snapped a few pics and then put it right back in the box. The leather is AMAZING! The most perfect shade of brown and so much depth to the color. If this had brass hardware I would have been a very happy camper this afternoon.

Yay for you!:smile:..I agree that the brass will suit the brown, and I love the leather..can't wait till you get pics put up of your new bag!

This is lovely!! Super looking leather and so good to hear that you can get it with brass hardware. That's a lovely combo.

Alright ladies, so after much debate, I ended up with the oak backpack and a vermillion Madrid (and a grey Cannes Mini one-off but that wasn't part of the sale) - I am so excited!! Of course, my bags will all arrive on Monday when I am not here but in Japan for work for the week (figures) but I will have some goodies to come back for!

About the sale, I do remember seeing some verbiage in the sale email saying that if you were looking for something in particular or know what you want, to go ahead and contact BE about looking or setting it aside for you. They posted that on their FB page also. I agree that it was completely different from how they ran previous sales but once I saw that language, I did exactly what they said knowing how quickly stuff sells - and I did ask why it seemed not all of the sale bags were posted. The response was that initially they were all posted, but that during the sale, the studio and warehouse did some deep digging and kept coming up with more samples to be added. BE then would update their blog with what they would find and add it to the site.
Maybe they wanted to give first dibs to all their previous customers because all previous customers should get the email, no? And if you Like them on FB, they are always updating stuff there too. I don't know why they did it that way but that's how they decided to do it. I'm not saying it was right or wrong, just saying there was notice given. I haven't partaken in a sale in well over a year, more like two years, BUT I did learn to read those sale emails veeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrry carefully ;)

Happy weekend y'all :smile:

That's great. I know that beautiful leather will look wonderful with brass hardware.

I ended up with an off white chevre Barcelona Satchel mini (never seen a mini version but the full size mint one I have is pretty big, so this one will likely be a little smaller) and a fango (light gray) chevre bucket bag. It's a sample that appears to be a smaller version of the Rio without the front pocket and a rolled handle that's probably for toting, secure shoulder carrying. Didn't see these on the website but when I contacted Janelle and Aimee (as the facebook posting and emails suggested), they sent photos of the bucket bag and told me about the others, one of which was a mini Barcelona and the mini Cannes that's mentioned above.

Di, boo to being broke! If you had a money tree, would you have bought anything?

Vannie I would have bought another London Tote Midi in anthracite if they had one. I also like the Madrid but I have enough little bags. I have 2 Covet Me Minis one in black crash and one in anthracite. I also have a Supernova clutch in pewter. I am loving the London Tote Midi in whiskey that I bought. I love the style so if I had a money tree I would definitely buy another London Tote midi. But the tree unfortunately is not producing money at the moment so I will dream about it or perhaps it will be in my future at some time.