Does anyone have the Legacy Leather Hippie?

coachgirl

LETS GO PENS!!!
Jun 30, 2006
I ordered one today in White (it basically looks just like the Ali, but a bit smaller). They had the Ali at my store in khaki/ebony, and I thought it looked great on my shoulder, but I tend to like a smaller purse in the summer, so I went with the Hippie instead. They didn't have a Hippie at the store, though, and now that I'm rereading the description, I see that it has a 37" strap (eek!). I tend to like bags with a shorter shoulder strap, as I usually don't tend to wear my bags across the body. If you own one, how short can you get the strap go to? I hope I didn't screw up...should I have just gotten the Ali?

I also ordered the matching wristlet, and bought the Slim Envelope wallet (which was in stock at the store). I chose to have the bag and wristlet delivered to the store instead of my house because if my husband intercepts the package he will kill me!! I really didn't want to have to spend the extra $ on accessories, but my current wallet and wristlet are black Soho, which I might have been able to live with, but they have silver hardware, and I guess I'm just too OCD to have silver hardware with the gold hardware on my Legacy bag. (Am I pathetic or what??)

But anyway, if anyone else has the Hippie bag, please let me know. Thanks!

One more question...if I were to change my mind and go with the Ali, would my 25% discount still apply since I already used it today to order the Hippie, the wallet, and the wristlet?

Yes, most SA's let you use your discount more than once during the PCE week.

I do not own the Hippy but I love it! I think it is an excellent choice. I have not seen it in person but think it is a great bag.

I have the hippie and wristlet in white!!! and I love it :yes: I tend to use itwhen i need my hands, like going to disneyland or when I know i'm going to do some serious shopping. They are really beautiful. I'm 5'6" and I adjust it the longest it can and it fall perfectly on my hip. I'm a little wide (size 10) so I'm guessing it will be longer on a skinner girl. And I use the wristlet with it at the same time. Just be careful wearing jeans with it cuz the color will transfer through. But if you catch it early enough a white eraser, it will remove it.
ea75b10d.jpg

Maybe i should go back and get the Ali instead..I'm only 5 feet tall, and I'm worried that this bag will come down to my knees! I already ordered the Hippie (which hasn't come in yet), but hopefully I will be able to change my mind without too much hassle...has anyone had experience with this?

Maybe i should go back and get the Ali instead..I'm only 5 feet tall, and I'm worried that this bag will come down to my knees! I already ordered the Hippie (which hasn't come in yet), but hopefully I will be able to change my mind without too much hassle...has anyone had experience with this?
If I'm not mistaken, they have a smaller version of the Ali, called a slim flap? or it might be the legacy flap. I know Rainbow 06 just got one, I'd find the thread but the search function is disabled right now for some reason.

If I'm not mistaken, they have a smaller version of the Ali, called a slim flap? or it might be the legacy flap. I know Rainbow 06 just got one, I'd find the thread but the search function is disabled right now for some reason.
Yes I have it, you are right it is 10327 and I believe it is called the legacy flap Ba Whiskey. I like it a lot you cannot tell the difference except the flap and the strap is thinner and the strap also a big shorter than the Ali. Hope that helps your decision. The hippie bag is very long and the strap pulls on my neck and chest ..it is annoying to me..

^^ Oh, cute!!! Yeah, cuz you'll have to model that new Carly again once it gets here! :yahoo:

Lynn, you learned how to do pics right? Can you post pics of your slim flap on your shoulder? I'm curious about how it looks. Thanks!

I ordered one today in White (it basically looks just like the Ali, but a bit smaller). They had the Ali at my store in khaki/ebony, and I thought it looked great on my shoulder, but I tend to like a smaller purse in the summer, so I went with the Hippie instead. They didn't have a Hippie at the store, though, and now that I'm rereading the description, I see that it has a 37" strap (eek!). I tend to like bags with a shorter shoulder strap, as I usually don't tend to wear my bags across the body. If you own one, how short can you get the strap go to? I hope I didn't screw up...should I have just gotten the Ali?

I also ordered the matching wristlet, and bought the Slim Envelope wallet (which was in stock at the store). I chose to have the bag and wristlet delivered to the store instead of my house because if my husband intercepts the package he will kill me!! I really didn't want to have to spend the extra $ on accessories, but my current wallet and wristlet are black Soho, which I might have been able to live with, but they have silver hardware, and I guess I'm just too OCD to have silver hardware with the gold hardware on my Legacy bag. (Am I pathetic or what??)

But anyway, if anyone else has the Hippie bag, please let me know. Thanks!

One more question...if I were to change my mind and go with the Ali, would my 25% discount still apply since I already used it today to order the Hippie, the wallet, and the wristlet?
I had the hippie, got the smaller Ali version and did not like the long hippie for me anyway. I am 5 foot 4 and it felt heavy on my neck..and yes they should give you back what you paid for and trade it in and give you also the %255 back..

I have the hippie and wristlet in white!!! and I love it :yes: I tend to use itwhen i need my hands, like going to disneyland or when I know i'm going to do some serious shopping. They are really beautiful. I'm 5'6" and I adjust it the longest it can and it fall perfectly on my hip. I'm a little wide (size 10) so I'm guessing it will be longer on a skinner girl. And I use the wristlet with it at the same time. Just be careful wearing jeans with it cuz the color will transfer through. But if you catch it early enough a white eraser, it will remove it.
ea75b10d.jpg
it looks like the strap has a dogleash closure and can be completely detatched. i bet you could unclip the strap and loop it through the brass circle and clip in on the other side (to shorten the strap by 1/2). does that make sense? i wonder what it would look like if you did that.