Help please! Which Prada Saffiano tote?

pixiesaz

Apr 13, 2012
Hi there :smile: I'm new to Prada and have my eye on the Prada Saffiano 1786 tote in black/gold. I just wanted to know if it comes with an extra shoulder strap, and do the two zipper compartments on the side actually fit anything inside?

I know that this is a top handle tote, and I usually prefer bags that can go over my shoulder too but this is just so pretty! :P

I am also considering the 1874?? tote... The one with the central zipper compartment and I think the handles for it look long enough to slip on over the shoulder as well. So confused!!

I'm mainly thinking of using the Saffiano tote for the uni days where I don't really carry much except a water bottle, agenda, and a thin A4 folder/notebook, or for days where I go on shopping trips with my friends and need to carry a small umbrella and cardigan, or maybe even the airport :P

Ok I'll stop rambling now hehe. If someone could please help me out I'd really appreciate it! :smile: thanks in advance xxx

Oh I forgot to mention I would love it if someone could please post a pic of what they can fit in their Saffiano tote? I'm thinking of the medium size (I think it's 14"x10"x5").

I actually own a BN1802 (slightly larger and taller) but I did take a look at the BN1786 also.

IT definitely does not come with a strap. If you want one of a similar size but has a strap that is (i think!) the BN1874. The drop of the BN1874 handle is slightly larger and..i don't think it looks as nice if you carry it on your elbow!

Back to BN1786...it will definitely carry all your uni stuff. The flatter the better - i have heard people fitting their laptops in there but i'm not sure how well the straps will hold up with all the weight.

I personally don't put things in the double zip compartments unless they are perfectly flat. Otherwise it makes the bag looks lumpy on the side and is also a pain to open and look through! Perfect for your lecture notes i guess :smile:

You can put the BN1786 on your shoulder if you have skinny arms and are not wearing thick clothing (ie no coats). You'd really have to try it out for yourself though!

Hope this helps until someone who actually owns one posts :smile:

Thank you for all your input! Will def have a look at the other bag to compare :smile:

My mum saw the 1786 in red and said I have to get that colour and not black lol. Regardless of how bright it may be for a couple of lighter uni days, the red is just soooooo stunning !!!!

Summer905 said:
I have saffiano tote in red size BN 2274, love it so much!!!

Thanks for the pic! The red is stunning, so I'm def getting red now lol. Could you please post a pic of what it can fit inside the big pocket and the two side zippers? I would really like to see how much the size two zippers especially fit inside them :smile:

pixiesaz said:
Thanks for the pic! The red is stunning, so I'm def getting red now lol. Could you please post a pic of what it can fit inside the big pocket and the two side zippers? I would really like to see how much the size two zippers especially fit inside them :smile:

The inside is actually very roomy. I don't carry a lot of things with me everyday. Usually it's just wallet, cosmetic bag, sunglasses, hand lotion, pack of tissue, key pouch & phone.

The two side zipper pockets are there for structural & security purpose. U can put your valuable things inside, suck as wallet or jewelry.

My bag was a special order, I only waited 5 weeks after I placed the order, was super happy with the service & the bag!

Attachments

• image-886264396.jpg
    image-886264396.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 10,741
  • image-1966764568.jpg
    image-1966764568.jpg
    664.1 KB · Views: 10,401
  • image-896894514.jpg
    image-896894514.jpg
    623.1 KB · Views: 9,617
Summer905 said:
The inside is actually very roomy. I don't carry a lot of things with me everyday. Usually it's just wallet, cosmetic bag, sunglasses, hand lotion, pack of tissue, key pouch & phone.

The two side zipper pockets are there for structural & security purpose. U can put your valuable things inside, suck as wallet or jewelry.

My bag was a special order, I only waited 5 weeks after I placed the order, was super happy with the service & the bag!

Thank you so much for the pics! Really appreciate it :smile: I carry similar things to you as well, glad to know that it can securely fit :smile: