Calling all Goyard fans....

i have posted this on a couple other forums but thought i'd add it here for the die-hard goyard lovers...don't hate me!

I found a vintage goyard trunk two days ago at an antique store. The owner of the shop clearly had no idea how much it was worth (i knew exactly what it was the moment i spotted it) and i got it for $95.

Swear. To. God.

To be honest, i don't think she even knew what it was. The tag just said "old trunk, $95." i obviously didn't tell her how much it was worth, just bought it and quickly loaded it in the car before she could tell me otherwise!

I truly can't believe it; i am still freaking out over it.

Photos here:

http://virginiaalamode.com/2012/03/09/find-of-the-century/

OMG!! :woot:
You a sooooo lucky!! Congrats on you beautiful find.
Do you plan on keeping it?

OMG!! :woot:
You a sooooo lucky!! Congrats on you beautiful find.
Do you plan on keeping it?

I am still so excited that I have it in my possession, I haven't decided what to do with it. It is currently sitting in the middle of my living room where I basically stare at it all day. I have thought about selling it, but am not sure how to get it appraised. Definitely don't want to get taken advantage of, since I know it's worth a pretty penny!

Just a reminder that selling/buying/trading or soliciting for such is not permitted here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still so excited that I have it in my possession, I haven't decided what to do with it. It is currently sitting in the middle of my living room where I basically stare at it all day. I have thought about selling it, but am not sure how to get it appraised. Definitely don't want to get taken advantage of, since I know it's worth a pretty penny!

If I were you I think I would be doing the exact same thing just sitting and starring at it :love:
I think it would make a really beautiful place to keep things like scarfs, jewelery, sunglaces or other pieces from your wardrobe that you really love out on display.
If you decide to sell it you should probably get it appraised a couple of different well renowned places to insure you get the right price right. Auction houses like Sotheby's and Christies might be the way to go :biggrin:

Hi, after having my 35cm Croisiere for a few years (since 2007) I decided to thoroughly clean the interior. I took out the stiff board that keeps the bag's shape.
Then I realised that each side of the bag's yellow interior has a beige-coloured fabric piping.
Is this common?
I'm asking this because I bought the bag from a friend, not from the store.
Hope someone can satisfy my curiosity and if any of you have pictures of the interior of a Goyard Croisiere I'd be delighted/grateful to see them.
Thank you :smile:

I knew I should not have clicked on this link: http://ilovegoyard.blogspot.com/ I was trying to de-clutter and decided to part with a few of my Goyard bags, since I have not used them in a while and I have a new addiction. So, I was thinking it was a great way to make space and maybe get a little cash to help out. Then I clicked on the link. Now there is no way I can part with my Goyards. The pictures in the link reminded me of how beautiful they are and why I fell in love in the first place. Oh well.....

Hahaha. Me too.

anitol said:
I was wondering if it's big enough to fit my iphone in the zipped pocked so that I can use it as a clutch also?

Oh my, my iPhone does fit into the zippered pocket!!! But I had to remove all my cards (I overstuff my wallets ;p bad bad). It's an excellent wallet. The size isn't overwhelmingly big. And when closed it looks sleek- definitely could use it as a clutch!

Never heard of no serial number on an authentic St. Louis.

Its on the pouch that comes with the st louis bags

I find this fascinating because I have an absolutely-no-doubt authentic St. Louis (from Barneys) and have never been able to find any numbers anywhere. I just went over my pouch very carefully and can find nothing!

Where exactly are the numbers located? Can you include photos of yours?

Thanks!

I find this fascinating because I have an absolutely-no-doubt authentic St. Louis (from Barneys) and have never been able to find any numbers anywhere. I just went over my pouch very carefully and can find nothing!

Where exactly are the numbers located? Can you include photos of yours?

Thanks!

Older versions may not be applicable:smile:
email me for further info
:graucho: