Ode to the Evelyne

I'm in Paris (and have been for the past few months) but I can't find the colour I'm looking for! They always only have one or two colours in store and those are never the ones I'm looking for. I'm starting to loose hope.. Any tips for me? :smile:

Hi Cari! My advice is to find a friendly SA at George V shop and have a little chat with him/her. Perhaps they will be able to find the colour you like within a week or two? (What colour are you looking for BTW? I will let you know if I see it!)

Hi Cari! My advice is to find a friendly SA at George V shop and have a little chat with him/her. Perhaps they will be able to find the colour you like within a week or two? (What colour are you looking for BTW? I will let you know if I see it!)

Thank you for the tip :smile: I think I want something in the style of Etoupe or Rose Jaipur... Since I haven't seen them or tried them on in real life I'm not a 100 % sure, but I think that's the ones I want.

Thank you for the tip :smile: I think I want something in the style of Etoupe or Rose Jaipur... Since I haven't seen them or tried them on in real life I'm not a 100 % sure, but I think that's the ones I want.
I think it depends on the day you get to FSH. If they just got a shipment then they have loads of colors out on the floor. I saw etoupe when I was there a few weeks ago on the floor, as well as menthe, rouge casque, tosca, etc. They do put the Evelynes out on the floor to buy so my advice is stop in often.

I think it depends on the day you get to FSH. If they just got a shipment then they have loads of colors out on the floor. I saw etoupe when I was there a few weeks ago on the floor, as well as menthe, rouge casque, tosca, etc. They do put the Evelynes out on the floor to buy so my advice is stop in often.

Thank you for the tip! Yes, but I've only seen turquoise and tosca so far... But I guess you're right, you probably have to stop by often :yes: I'm just worried they'll think I'm planning on robbing them or something if I go like three times a week and never buy anything :lol:

Playing dress up with twilly :smile:

4c0c1374.jpg

sorry for the poor photo

Cheers, MrsRance
What a brilliant idea! I think a hermes ribbon that goes with the box can also be used here. Thanks for a great idea.

Seedlessplum said:
I have finally joined the Evelyn Club! Im so happy with the bag. Had started using it, and was amazed by how much it can hold!

I did a reveal in this thread lately: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/i-got-new-additions-my-mini-hermes-family-747716.html

However, I still couldnt make out what shade of rouge it is. The SAs told me is Rouge Garance but another TFPer said it is Rouge Casaque. Im confused!

:woohoo: enjoy your new Evelyne :smile:

eye4cc said:
What a brilliant idea! I think a hermes ribbon that goes with the box can also be used here. Thanks for a great idea.

Most welcome :flowers: yes also good idea to use the ribbon, will try that also, thanks for more ideas :ghi5:

Trickster_Trix said:
Yeah, I like that idea too! Now, I should get a twilly for my Evelyne love. :smile:
Thank you :flowers: so happy that I can contribute :smile:

Sent from MrsRance's iPad using PurseForum

Double Non-Slip Buckle method :smile:

My Graphite Evelyne II in 'Tote' mode with the Non-Slip double buckle :graucho: I have bought a pair of extra buckles from Hermes (George V in Paris... FgH was out of buckles when I was in Paris last year)

Detail of how to pass the strap through the two buckles ... The way Hermès suggests will not work as the buckles and straps will slip constantly... So I have developed a different way to pass the strap through the buckles... by doing it this way the buckles will not slip at all :biggrin:

Hard to explain but if you look at the second photo carefully you may be able to emulate it ;)

If you are in Toronto... I have taught the staff at the store how to do it and I have left them detailed instructions... they should be able to show you :smile:

Tricky for some but once you 'get it' it is quite easy :P

Good luck !!!
I am SO happy that I found your post on how to use the buckles for the Evelyne strap but have been sitting here for an hour trying to figure out how to do it.:confused1:
Would you please be able to send me some instructions on how to attach it on?
TIA