Workplace Resubmitting cv?

cokezero

O.G.
Jul 20, 2011
I submitted my CV for a retail position and a week ago, I got asked to go in to the store for an informal chat with the hiring manager.

I brought along my CV which she made some brief notes on, such as the number of shifts I would like to work, what I'm studying, etc.

But since then (it has only been 1 week since the short interview), I altered my CV and added more things onto it, so my question is if I should go into the store and RESUBMIT it and explain to the hiring manager that I've altered things around, or should I just leave it and hope for the best?

TIA!

I would not take in a revised CV. I see no reason not to call and follow up though. Just be polite about it and if you left significant things out of the CV you submitted, bring them up in the call.

I hope you sent a follow up thank you note (via email) after your interview. Because in something like that, you could talk about the things you left out of your CV. If you haven't, do so now, and also do it as a way to follow up on the hiring timeline. Just so you know, one week isn't a long time unless the manager indicated that they were going to make their decision in that time frame. If you didn't ask, just keep in mind for future interviews that you don't want to leave without having asked about their timeline. But agree with others, don't resubmit your CV.

I would not take in a revised CV. I see no reason not to call and follow up though. Just be polite about it and if you left significant things out of the CV you submitted, bring them up in the call.

Agree with this poster and thepoppet gave good add-ons too.

Definitely don't resubmit. If she wants you, she'll call you. At most follow up with a quick phone call. I hate it when people resubmit applications so soon; you can explain anything you may have left out during a more formal interview.

I work in HR and my advice is, do not resubmit. The manager could have doubts about why you didn't submit this CV the first place or why you didn't say anything about it (?) during the interview.

I usually reply applicants within the first couple of days but it may take a week or so if I have many interviewees for the same position and the interview process takes longer.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for you, if the interview went well and you left a good impression, I don't think additional info (unless it's super relevant in the position) would make a difference.