$$$ Are BIG bags here to stay?

Mar 12, 2007
Whatever happened to the small bag? Just a couple of years ago, average sized purses were the norm but it seems like all the coolest and trendiest bags are now HUGE! I went to the Beverly Center today and saw a girl about 5'2 and super skinny carring the LV Manhatton GM and it looked heavier than she was!

Another thing that I realized was how silly my thoughts were today. I checked out every girls bag at the mall and when I saw a girl carrying a tiny designer purse that was so cute, I thought to myself, "why didn't she get the bigger one? Hmmm... maybe she didn't want to fork out the money..."

Will the trend of big 3 llbder bags go away or are they here to stay?

Im very tall so bigger bags look much better on me. Besides I would rather spend lots of $$$$$ on a big bag than pay the same amount for a teeny purse. Its always good to get more bag for your money:yes:

I love some of the bigger bags but honestly, I think it hasn't gotten a little ridiculous.....I am scaling down. Not too much, but if a bag is too big I send up stuffing everything in.

anne

I love the look of the big bag but I stick with medium sizes. I just don't schlep around enough stuff to carry a big bag even thought I really want one.

What do you guys put in it? lol. I carry a checkbook wallet (big) and a sidekick (big), make up bag (somewhat big) and keys, maybe other miscellaneous random items, but even then I can not fill out a big purse. And then it just makes it difficult to find stuff, because it sort of gets lost! So how do you big bag wearers handle the big bag? I need trainning on the big bag!! :confused1:

like someone else said, fashion is cyclical. I'm sure the huge, oversized bags will fade out of style sooner or later. I think I'll still carry a decent sized bag no matter what. I'm pretty tall, and just think it looks goofy for me to have a little bag!

i don't know and honestly i don't care :P
i LOVED big bags since it was not a trend.
i can never see my self carrying small bags, my stuffs will never fit on them.

^^me too. I carry big totes for work, so I can stuff my paper works and laptop. Having said that, even when going out I like my bags big. With 2 young children, I tend to carry a lot of things in my bag like wet wipes and stuff.