KINKY Girls LOVE MAKE UP TOO!

Love Shahada's blog! I've been following for a few months now, and I won a giveaway from her awhile ago that included some great Armani products. The Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara is now a favorite of mine! She uses a lot of high-end makeup products, so I love to search her blog to see how a product looks before I make the investment...

Congratulations!!! I appreciate her use of high-end makeup and skincare products, she's an equal opportunity product junkie :lol:

I recently purchased the Senna eyeshadow palette because of her review and pics. I like the fact that she doesn't review every product that comes her way, she buys most of the products herself.

Is anyone planning purchases from the upcoming MAC collections that release this week (Reel Sexy, In Extra Dimension, Tres Chic)? I ordered online today Watch Me Simmer lipstick (after missing it twice, I wasn't going to let it escape me a 3rd time!!) and the Whisper of Gilt Skinfinish highlighter. I'm still on the fence about the Modern Mandarin blush, but I need to make a decision soon - it sold out on Mac online - eek! - so if I want it, I'll be waiting at MAC or Nordstrom when they open on Thursday...

What is catching everyone's eye from these collections?

Can any of you ladies recommend a brand of sunscreen/sunblock for the face and body? Something that doesn't turn your skin gray!!!

My skin tone is similar to Kelly Rowland or Brandy.

Thanks!!

Don't know if I am welcome. I am a product of mixed parents (Indian mother, Dutch father.)
I love make up, and love to hear some tips for me or my mom (who is A LOT darker than me), since most beauty blogs, magazines and other things are more focused on fair skinned girls, which I am not.

I don't know my colouring in MAC, but see list below for reference:

Bobbi Brown loose mineral powder foundation in Medium
Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation in Honey
Laura Mercier oil free TM in Almond
Chanel Vitalumiere foundation in nr. 50 (although this one is a bit off for me, not sure what it is exactly, to dark or just diff undertones. Looks nice, but really need to blend it well or I just look stupid.)

My standard make up:
Tinted moisturizer
Mascara
Blush (prefer a brighter colour)
And a bright lipstick (pink/red/orange)

My mom usually wears a pink/ purpley or red lipstick, and eyeliner with eyeshadow (loves purple). I am kinda jealous of her, since she can pull of a bright eyelook with a nice lipstick too, without looking over the top.

So I tried Nars' tinted moisturizer this week & right now it appears to be a no go. I've been wearing Tahoe in their Sheer Glow foundation & picked up a sample in Malaga. Swatching both on my hand they appear very similar but on my face... nope. It looked like I had some sort of tan. Someone actually came up to me & asked if I've been out in the sun LOL. It also didn't work w/ my oily skin *sigh* I had this on my list to get during Sephora's VIB event this week but sadly it's been crossed off.

What tinted moisturizers are you gals using? Also, are there any other oily mocha ladies out here? I'm trying to find something that works before it gets too hot outside.

I picked up the NARS TM in Cuba during the Sephora sale. My intent was to try the Bobbi Brown & Lara Mercier TMs, but the Cuba was a perfect match. I had a hard time matching the Bobbi Brown. Been wearing the NARS TM all week and so far I like. Bobbi Brown has an oil free TM - did you find anything?

I recently discovered this pro artist and so far, I like her. She gives product reviews, no video tutorials. Simple pics with products listed. Her skin is AMAZING too!!! I like her because she uses a wide range of foundations, not stuck in a MAC rut.

http://shahadakarim.blogspot.com/

LOVE this blog!

Can any of you ladies recommend a brand of sunscreen/sunblock for the face and body? Something that doesn't turn your skin gray!!!

My skin tone is similar to Kelly Rowland or Brandy.

Thanks!!

I haven't found a liquid sunscreen that doesn't turn gray on me either. :sad: A Sephora SA did turn me on to a powder sunscreen by Peter Thomas Roth. It's transparent so you just brush it on over your makeup (or bare skin). It also comes in a bronzer too.

P235908_hero.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P235908&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3728

Don't know if I am welcome. I am a product of mixed parents (Indian mother, Dutch father.)
I love make up, and love to hear some tips for me or my mom (who is A LOT darker than me), since most beauty blogs, magazines and other things are more focused on fair skinned girls, which I am not.

I don't know my colouring in MAC, but see list below for reference:

Bobbi Brown loose mineral powder foundation in Medium
Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation in Honey
Laura Mercier oil free TM in Almond
Chanel Vitalumiere foundation in nr. 50 (although this one is a bit off for me, not sure what it is exactly, to dark or just diff undertones. Looks nice, but really need to blend it well or I just look stupid.)

My standard make up:
Tinted moisturizer
Mascara
Blush (prefer a brighter colour)
And a bright lipstick (pink/red/orange)

My mom usually wears a pink/ purpley or red lipstick, and eyeliner with eyeshadow (loves purple). I am kinda jealous of her, since she can pull of a bright eyelook with a nice lipstick too, without looking over the top.

Welcome aboard! :smile:

Last edited:
Hey Ladies! I am looking for the perfect brownish goldfish shimmery lip gloss. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've used Jemma Kidd (at Target) in Diva.

Black Opal!!!!!!

Where I live, there is no "drug store makeup" distinction. Just what works for you and what doesn't. These foundations work beautifully for me. I use Truly Topaz and Nutmeg depending on how tanned I am.

I'm trying to get into the land of lipstick. Right now, I'm waay more of a gloss girl.

I love Black Opal! When I lived in the south, I use to buy their products. Now, the city I'm in is only 8% black so if you have a med-dark skin tone, the department store/Sephora/Ulta is about it - especially for foundations and powders. :sad:

Thanks Kansashalo! I'm going to swing by Sephora today. I'll report back when I find a sunscreen/sunblock for the body. I'm in desparate need of something for my body!!

gre8dane said:
I picked up the NARS TM in Cuba during the Sephora sale. My intent was to try the Bobbi Brown & Lara Mercier TMs, but the Cuba was a perfect match. I had a hard time matching the Bobbi Brown. Been wearing the NARS TM all week and so far I like. Bobbi Brown has an oil free TM - did you find anything?

LOVE this blog!

I actually went bk & got yet another sample of the NARS TM, this time in Cuba which was a much better match. However after a few days I got a large red bump which is rare for me. In full disclosure I was also trying out a new primer so I hvnt determined which was to blame but stopped using both & hv been going au natural the last few days.

Which shade do you wear in NARS SG?

I also chk'd out MAC Matchmaker since there were so many great reviews. Just like my prev exp w/ MAC I couldn't get a good color match. 6 was a bit too light & 7 was a bit too orange for me. It wasn't bad mixing then together but who wants to do that or buy two bottles.

Since I couldn't find a new TM or foundation I've gone bk to NARS SG & picked up PTR's matte gel, Tarte's clay powder & PTR's powder SPF during the Sephora sale. Hopefully one of them will help w/ my oil slick *fingers crossed* there is nothing cute about being greasy...

Kansashalo said:
I haven't found a liquid sunscreen that doesn't turn gray on me either. :sad: A Sephora SA did turn me on to a powder sunscreen by Peter Thomas Roth. It's transparent so you just brush it on over your makeup (or bare skin). It also comes in a bronzer too.

How do you like this so far? The reviews online were pretty good so I ordered it during the sale but hvnt rcvd it yet.

Love this thread
Here are my foundations atleast
MAC LIquid Studio Fix NC50
MAC Matchmaster Foundation 7.5
MUFE HD # 177
MUFE Matte Velvet # 70
(Drugstore for the Not so Diva days) L'oreal True Match N8 Cappuccino

Kansashalo said:
I do like it. It's very light and doesn't show at all.

I just rcv'd mine in the mail the other day but I brushed it on & agree that it was light and transparent. The PTR matte gel has also been successful keeping my oil slick in check. I've been using it for about a week both alone & over makeup w/ great success.