ARCHIVE 6-01-13 Authenticate this Hermes **BAG**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx so much!!! Pls pardon my poor quality pictures as i am new to this and sometimes the details are hard to capture.

Adding a few more pics here (more than asked for, just in case). I hope I have covered enough angles/bases. Thx soooooo much again and I really appreciate your help!!

Btw, do you think this is clemence leather?

So far, my opinion is that this bag is not authentic.

The Kelly was made by Hermes, but the seller has disclosed (quite correctly) that it has been re-dyed. Please read the description carefully.

Truthfully, I think the price is kind of high for a re-dyed bag.
Thank you so much for your advice(again;) ).
Besides the fact the bag is re-dyed, the shoulder steap is missing and I think it would be rather impossible to get anotherone from Hermes in this colour and leather...
have a great sunday!

Item:Beautiful Hermes Kelly Bag, 32 cm
Listing number: 280860450678
Seller: j105steve
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-Hermes-Kelly-Bag-32-cm?item=280860450678&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7582585888269252444

Hello lovely ladies. May I bother you to take a look at this auction. Aside from authenticity I'm confused about the date stamp. The seller states it was purchased in 1997 yet the date stamp would indicate a production year of 1971 if I'm correct. Also, wasnt the lobster claw used back then on the shoulder strap? I understand if you can only comment about authenticity and I apologize for the other questions in advance.

Thx so much!!! Pls pardon my poor quality pictures as i am new to this and sometimes the details are hard to capture.

Adding a few more pics here (more than asked for, just in case). I hope I have covered enough angles/bases. Thx soooooo much again and I really appreciate your help!!

Btw, do you think this is clemence leather?

Based on looking at all of the pictures you show, which are not great, I cannot say that I am certain this is an authentic bag. There are things that make me question. This is what I thought after looking at your first group of pictures, and this next group has left me in the same place.

I would be personally rather wary about a transaction with a friend who is trying to sell a so called brand new bag (although this stamp is from 2008) that they received as a gift. Why not wait and get a bag from a seller who has a long publicly verifiable history?

Could you please authenticate this Kelly?
PLEASE!

Item: Hermes Paris Damen Handtasche Bag Kelly Original Tasche Original
Listing Number:320884574804
Seller:ibizatreiber
Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320884574804#ht_500wt_1289

Thank you in advance for your kind help!!!

The Kelly in the pictures is authentic, known on tPF as "waffle" Kelly. I do not know the seller, and I cannot evaluate their feedback because I do not speak German. I find it unusual that they would begin the auction at such a low price. You would be advised to do proper due diligence.

Item:Beautiful Hermes Kelly Bag, 32 cm
Listing number: 280860450678
Seller: j105steve
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-Hermes-Kelly-Bag-32-cm?item=280860450678&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7582585888269252444

Hello lovely ladies. May I bother you to take a look at this auction. Aside from authenticity I'm confused about the date stamp. The seller states it was purchased in 1997 yet the date stamp would indicate a production year of 1971 if I'm correct. Also, wasnt the lobster claw used back then on the shoulder strap? I understand if you can only comment about authenticity and I apologize for the other questions in advance.

I can only say that the Kelly pictured is definitely authentic, and looks exactly like a Kelly of 1997, it cannot be a Kelly of 1971. The look of the bag would be different in certain respects if it were a 1971 Kelly. The only think I can think of is that the craftsman made a mistake when it was stamped and put a circle around the "A" letter instead of a square. 1997 was the first year for squares, perhaps there was a confusion, who knows? But the bag is authentic.

Status
Not open for further replies.