I've Fallen in Love with Celine All Over Again!

:yahoo: TA-DA!!! In all it's amazingness!!
Its the ever-illusive, Asymmetrical Satchel in Navy!!

97f06fd1-1.jpg

e6c5cf85-1.jpg

I had never seen this bag until dreamlet did a reveal of her Satchel in Dune. I was intrigued by her bag, but it wasn't until someone posted a link to the Fashion Toast blog that I became obsessed with it!

I'd been obsessed w/the Louis Vuitton SC bag for months now. I'd post pics of Kirsten Dunst with hers in the Celebrity Street Style thread & practically soak my keyboard w/drool!! I was at LV last month & asked about the bag & was told that it was no longer in production. Then a few weeks ago, The Purse Blog did a column showing the newest colors that the LV SC bag would be released in. I was seriously thinking about looking into getting one, even though it far exceeds my bag budget. I was so in love with the bag that I considered selling my Classic Box & one of my Luggage bags to help pay for it! Then dreamlet did her reveal & when I saw the bag on the Fashion Toast blog, I realized that it almost looks exactly like the LV SC bag! I made phone calls, hoping to find one, but had no luck. Then last week, I got an email from Beyond the Rack. Because of problems w/past orders & the extraordinarily long shipping times, I swore I'd never order another bag from BTR. I don't know what made me open that link -- I usually just delete their emails w/o ever looking at them (I think I may have seen Celine mentioned). But when I opened the link & scrolled down the page, I did a double-take when I got about 1/2way down -- there it was!! And it wasn't just the bag, but it was the Bag in SMOOTH NAVY LEATHER!! If anyone has followed my collection over the years, they know that have a MAJOR weakness for any shade of blue!!

When I first saw it, it was in someone else's cart, but I clicked on the description anyhow & when it opened, it was available!! And it was available within a 5 day shipping period!! With my hands shaking, I added it to my cart & when it landed there safe & sound, I checked out as quickly as I could!!

All week, I kept looking at the pics on the Fashion Toast Blog, as well as reading the thread in the LV forum on the SC bag. I compared them & looked at every single detail & when I pulled the bag from the box today, my heart skipped a beat when I saw how gorgeous it was!! I can honestly say I love this bag even MORE than the SC bag (altho I've never seen one in person!)

The leather is incredible -- smooth, soft calf leather & the inside is lined with soft, smooth Lambskin! The color is incredible! It's not as dark as my Navy Cabas. You can definitely tell that this bag is blue. The details are amazing -- right down to the leather wrapped lock! A few weeks ago, I thought the Trapeze had taken the top spot as my favorite bag, but this one has knocked it down --

I love the shape of this bag. It's not a perfect oval, like a duffel. It's almost got a dome-like shape to it, a lot like a shorter speedy (I guess that's why it's called the Asymmetrical Satchel! :P) and the blue stitching is just beautiful

68069b19-1.jpg

c8c2b242-1.jpg

a16d1db5-1.jpg

and the leather is just incredible! It's so soft and smooth. It's similar to the Smooth Luggage, but I gotta be honest -- I think this leather is even better!! And the inside is so incredible soft!

fd7b4870-1.jpg

ca3d5b2d-1.jpg

Ahh! I saw it in the BTR sale, but it was already sold. So glad someone here got it.

What color is yours lined in??

I was actually surprised that no one had mentioned the sale at Beyond the Rack or this bag specifically, since it wasn't that long that we were talking about it (when you did your reveal). I noticed that as soon as I checked out, it showed that it was sold out, which made me wonder if they only had one? I always thought they had a couple of each style, but maybe for this particular sale, they only had one or two of each bag (they had a horizontal zippered cabas in Smoke that I really wanted. If I hadn't gotten the satchel, I would have gotten that --I even considered getting it too, and then selling my vertical one, but by the time I had gone back for it, it was sold out)

I have to thank you -- SO MUCH!! -- if you hadn't done a reveal (esp. since you don't normally do reveals!), I would never have known about this bag!!:hugs:

Last edited: