OMG! Magic eraser works on vernis scuffs! Before and after pics

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
Mods: I know we have a FAQ for cleaning, but we don't have a vernis suggestions. Plus this my new bag, so hoping you'll leave this for a bit!

So I got my vernis SO bucket (used) bag in :yahoo:! I am in love :heart: ! Even more so after an amazing clean up!

I knew from the auction photos the bag had some issues, but it was such a savings I decided to take a chance. When the bag came, I started cleaning it up with baby wipes, it was coming out so great except the one ugly black scuff. I decided, what the heck and tried the magic eraser. OMG! Amazing!

I am bummed I didn't take before pics, because the auction pics don't show quite how bad the scuff was...really noticable and quite dark.

Pictures to follow

***An, aside, since this new find, illustrates something I have wondered about the good and bad about FAQs....they're great, but the problem is if threads get shut down to quickly because "it's all been covered"....how do we really know it's "all been covered" what if a new member has something we never knew, or someone discovers something new.... it might not come, if threads get closed too quickly...just some thing to think about.

Before #1:
before.jpg

After:

after1.jpg

Before #2

before2.jpg

After #2

after2.jpg

Before #3

before3.jpg

After

after3.jpg