Any business graduates in the Fashion Industry???

I'm not a graduate myself but I thought I should share what I heard. My friend's boyfriends sister in law majored in business. I don't recall which field exactly but by chance a friend introduced her to an internship in the fashion industry. She started at the bottom by working in the fitting rooms but now she is a buyer for bergdorf goodman.

She gets to fly out to Paris often to negotiate or something like that. She became a buyer very quickly because all the other ladies started having children and they did not have the freedom to travel so she got the job.

Once I heard of her job I was very envious. I'm majoring in business myself and to be able to mix that with fashion and the discounts is awesome.

I'm not a graduate myself but I thought I should share what I heard. My friend's boyfriends sister in law majored in business. I don't recall which field exactly but by chance a friend introduced her to an internship in the fashion industry. She started at the bottom by working in the fitting rooms but now she is a buyer for bergdorf goodman.

She gets to fly out to Paris often to negotiate or something like that. She became a buyer very quickly because all the other ladies started having children and they did not have the freedom to travel so she got the job.

Once I heard of her job I was very envious. I'm majoring in business myself and to be able to mix that with fashion and the discounts is awesome.

wow! this is so cool. I read buyers get paid pretty well too. Where is your friend's boyfriend sis in law located? Maybe it was because of where she is located

That's my dream job! (Fashion + Travelling = 2 of my favourite things :biggrin: )