Rachel Hunter Debuts New Line While Slamming Beyonce

Jan 23, 2006
R4.bmp
RA1.bmp

R4.bmp (image)

Rachel Hunter is usually the one showing off new collections, but the statuesque 37-year-old called on a few fellow professionals this week to help her launch her new swimwear range.

While in her native New Zealand, the catwalk queen presented her new Lola line, which combines catwalk couture with beach culture.

During the big event, Rachel slammed sexy songstress Beyonce for shattering the hopes and aspirations of young girls who dream of becoming models. "For years now we have seen people on the covers of magazines that aren't models, they are actresses and it's disappointing," she said. "Sports Illustrated this year had Beyonce Knowles on the cover. What's left for young girls to aspire to if they want to be models?"

^^You're right shoegal. It goes both ways I guess. I wondered if models were bitter toward Beyonce though. Interesting that Rachel Hunter came out and voiced her opinion!

How about they aspire to be something other than a model? Afterall how many supermodels can their be and really what is a model? You have to want to do and be something else someday anyway I would believe. Modeling isn't 'forever'......

Beyonce was beautiful on the cover and in the layout inside. Looks better than Rachel IMO...perhaps that's why she is so mad?? Rachel really isn't that great looking . Heidi is very beautiful and Rachel is not Heidi or Beyonce.

Beyonce on the cover of Sport Illustrates is still a joke to me.

I never thought of putting her on the cover but I am glad they did. There aren't many African-American models so the pickings were slim so I am glad they thought outside of the model box in order to put a woman of color on the mag. cover. I think its great and she looked great.

During the big event, Rachel slammed sexy songstress Beyonce for shattering the hopes and aspirations of young girls who dream of becoming models. "For years now we have seen people on the covers of magazines that aren't models, they are actresses and it's disappointing," she said. "Sports Illustrated this year had Beyonce Knowles on the cover. What's left for young girls to aspire to if they want to be models?"

:rolleyes: Oh please!

Beyonce was beautiful on the cover and in the layout inside. Looks better than Rachel IMO...perhaps that's why she is so mad?? Rachel really isn't that great looking . Heidi is very beautiful and Rachel is not Heidi or Beyonce.

I agree:yes: . Rachel needs to concern herself with her little bathing suit line and stop worrying about what someone else is doing with their career.