Baby inspired necklace idea?

Nov 14, 2007
I tried to search for this but I couldn't find too many posts. I am looking to buy a necklace that symbolizes my two kids. I was looking for a Tiffany necklace but I don't see too many that can fit this purpose. Can you guys give me some ideas or share some pictures of your own? TIA!!! :smile:

I'm on the hunt too for the perfect necklace to represent my two little girls. I love the Alex woo gold initial necklaces but I'm not about to spend $2,000 on it. I have been looking on etsy but I haven't found one I totally like yet

There are the gold initial pendants from Helen Ficalora. I have one with my initial and always get compliments when I wear it. Two initials look really nice worn together as well!! If you do a search here, you'll find lots of photos. :smile:

Yea! I like the Alex Woo necklaces too! But they are wayy over my budget! I was considering a Helen Ficalora necklace but I have never seen them in person and I don't know how the quality is. They aren't too expensive. I think like 155-170 per charm and 100 for the necklace.

Not a necklace, but my favorite is skinny birthstone eternity bands to stack. So pretty, and you can mix in you and your dh if you like! Or diamonds! My girlfriend wears a blue sapphire and a pink sapphire (boy and girl) eternity bands around a little heart band in the middle. It's beautiful.

^ We just posted at the same time about the same thing!! I will do a search! How is the quality of it?

i have the helen ficalora necklace with two charms, an initial representing each of my sons. i've been really happy with the quality of the necklace. the charms have a nice weight to them because they are real gold, not just gold plated. and the chain itself is very thin, but durable too. my 2 year old is always yanking on it and surprisingly it has stayed in tact!

Yes, the Helen Ficalora charms and chain I have are great quality!! Like bunbix said, the charms have such a nice weight, I find myself playing with them frequently. I have her twisted chain, it's sturdier than the thinner one and slightly more expensive. It's held up perfectly for me for two years now. I wear it to work all the time, I'm a nurse and do 12 hour shifts in an operating room, I think that's a pretty good test of wear! I clean the chain once and a while with some mild soap and a toothbrush and then it looks good as new. My HF necklace is really my favorite piece of jewelry behind my wedding set!!

Not a necklace, but I once saw a co-worker's wrist at a meeting, years ago. She was wearing a gold-link charm bracelet, with gold discs. Each disc had her kid's name and birthdate engraved on it. Her husband gave it to her. I thought, and still think, it was the sweetest piece of jewelry I've ever seen. I think Liz Taylor had a similar one from Mike Todd(?)--it's in the book, My Love Affair with Jewelry--I think.

Perhaps you could adapt the disc idea to pendants for a necklace?