Post Ebay/Web Hermes Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
That price is absurd. The retail is $2950 pretax. Have these resellers lost their minds??!!

Nothing shocks me any more. I called one reputable reseller recently and asked about a Birkin that's been on their website for several months now. They keep raising it's price. I asked them if the'd lower their price and they said absolutely not. I asked why, since it has sat there for a few months. She said they'd rather keep it in their store and it's not about how quickly it's sold. I know I'm not in sales...but, uh, isn't the point to sell things??? What's the advantage of it remaining where it is??? Makes no sense to me.

Nothing shocks me any more. I called one reputable reseller recently and asked about a Birkin that's been on their website for several months now. They keep raising it's price. I asked them if the'd lower their price and they said absolutely not. I asked why, since it has sat there for a few months. She said they'd rather keep it in their store and it's not about how quickly it's sold. I know I'm not in sales...but, uh, isn't the point to sell things??? What's the advantage of it remaining where it is??? Makes no sense to me.

It seems like the more prices seem to climb, the slower these high end things sell. It seems to be across the board. In the real world, people only have so much money.

^^ I agree, it is a lot of working capital to have tied up in inventory. Theres a cost there. Also it remains to be seen if new Hermes selling policies will have any impact on the reseller business model.

^^ I agree, it is a lot of working capital to have tied up in inventory. Theres a cost there. Also it remains to be seen if new Hermes selling policies will have any impact on the reseller business model.
Well said, Bababebi. Their supply chain has to be negatively effected in some way - I think we'll see the impact over the next two quarters.

kobe939 said:
O.M.G, I just bought this bag, did I do the right thing????

I have never been attrated to Marwari, seems just too practical to me. However, when I saw this listing, I was just IN LOVE with the color, rouge venetian. Is this color like a rusty reddish brownish orange?

I was trying to search the color, but not many of them available.

The bag seems like in really good condition, hopefully at a reasonable price. It was on hold when I saw it this morning, then it was available for sale again.

If I didn't get this bag, I would have waited for a tosca all leather GP. Life is tough!!! :graucho:

Congratulations! You did the right thing for sure. It's a fantastic bag that'll last you a life time! I have a RV Picotin GM and have a pic up in the Ode to the Picotin thread in the clubhouse forum that captures its true color, I'd post it here but I think people are sick of seeing it as I posted as a reference for two other people outside of the Ode thread also :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.