Scarves Ode to the Carre en Carre

Yay! Congratulations! :woohoo:

It is such a great scarf and it ties so beautifully and you can choose which section of the scarf to highlight. The colorway you bought is so classic!

I'm glad we are scarf siblings now :smile:
Valmont,

I'll post photos as soon as it arrives. Your photos of yours and your comments about it sure helped in the decision.

Yay! Congratulations! :woohoo:

It is such a great scarf and it ties so beautifully and you can choose which section of the scarf to highlight. The colorway you bought is so classic!

I'm glad we are scarf siblings now :smile:
Valmont

it's "only" taken me 3 weeks to post a photo of my wonderful C en C stole. I love it, it ties/hangs wonderfully and you are right that you can arrange it in different ways to highlight different parts of the design.

Attachments

• Carre en Carre stole 1.jpg
    Carre en Carre stole 1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 645
it's "only" taken me 3 weeks to post a photo of my wonderful C en C stole. I love it, it ties/hangs wonderfully and you are right that you can arrange it in different ways to highlight different parts of the design.
It looks like it was made for you! I´ve had the CenC in two colourways, and it´s an amazing GM! I´m sad that I sold the most vivid one (vert/jaune/lilac) it was stunning.

It looks perfect on you! Love your bracelet too, could you ID it please?
Valmont, MaggyH and Lovely 64,

thanks so much for you comments. MaggyH, the bracelet is a Mars and Valentine from one of their 2010 collections. Another photo below. I had put the shawl on the table with the bracelet, went off to get the phone to take a photo, came back to find one very sweet soft pawed claws in (thank goodness!) kitty on the shawl. Evidently she likes it too. I'm sorry the lighting and focus aren't better--it's nighttime artificial light.

Attachments

• C en C M&V.jpg
    C en C M&V.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 639
Valmont, MaggyH and Lovely 64,

thanks so much for you comments. MaggyH, the bracelet is a Mars and Valentine from one of their 2010 collections. Another photo below. I had put the shawl on the table with the bracelet, went off to get the phone to take a photo, came back to find one very sweet soft pawed claws in (thank goodness!) kitty on the shawl. Evidently she likes it too. I'm sorry the lighting and focus aren't better--it's nighttime artificial light.

Thank you for posting this photo, it's a very pretty bracelet. Good job those tiny paws of your sweet kitty didn't extend the claws into your new shawl!

Does anyone know if Carré en Carrés is issued in 140 cm silk twill plume or silk twill lavé or mousseline, and if so, when was that? I have searched but didn't find anything but cashmere/silk.

View attachment 3567674
Holsby, I have a fringed cs stole, but don't know the year od issue.
Thank you Croisette for posting your stole!

So it seems so far that Carré en Carrés is issued in
90 cm silk twill carré (AW 08)
140 cm CSGM (SS 09)
pointu (SS 09?)
fringed CS stole (AW 09?)
90 cm silk jersey (AW 10?)
90 cm silk twill dip dye (SS 14)
Maxi twilly (AW 14).

Last edited:
Reactions: Croisette7
Carre en Carres was my first H scarf 8 years ago. DH bought it for me for Christmas, I still love and wear it today.
Hello littleblackbag! Nice to see you again! :hugs: Love to hear that you are wearing your C en C ! It is a magic scarf that serves your different needs from one day to the other. This is my scarf (picture from hermès.com):
002480S04Carré en Carrés 377.jpg
The designs:
Couvertures et Tenues du Jour (orig. design Jaques Eudel in 1960)
Tigre Royal (orig. design Christiane Vauzelles in 1966)
Brides de Gala (orig. design Hugo Grygkar in 1957)
H Cinétique (orig. design Bali Barret in 2004)
Pani La Shar Pawnee (orig. design Kermit Oliver in 2004)

Link to MaiTai's Picture Book where the scarf is folded in the different designs: http://www.maitaispicturebook.com/2008/04/carre-en-carres.html

Last edited:
Reactions: littleblackbag