Red tip or Black tip? Very Prive vs. Hyper Prive

lailafashions

Oct 26, 2009
Hi All,

I just went to the CB boutique in meatpacking NYC yesterday and totally bout an impulse purchase!

I bought the Very Prive 100mm with the red tip. I thought it was gorgeous!

However, I've been having second thoughts. I feel like it screams "LOOK AT ME. I'm a LOUB!". And I am not sure if it is professional. Do you think this would be okay to wear to work? Or is it too loud?

Should you ever wear louboutins to work for that matter? I work with clients a lot. I'm debating between these two.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-03-02 at 10.11.14 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-03-02 at 10.11.14 AM.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 1,074
  • Screen shot 2012-03-02 at 10.10.50 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-03-02 at 10.10.50 AM.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 1,053
I think the black/ black is more versatile but personally I prefer the red tip. If youre gunna spend that amount of money on a pair of shoes I dont want 'em to look like any old pair! :lol:

I prefer the red tip. I think it gives the heels a nice balance of the red between the front and back. I think the black/black makes the soles pop more and that to me seems more noticeable that they are CLs bc all the attention goes to the soles.

I used to love the red tip, but now I think I prefer the black. Personally I'm not sure if I'd wear the red tip in five years, but I know I'd wear the black.

I plan on getting black VPs as my next purchase. I'm going to get the black tip because I know I'll like it for years to come (like aoqtpi mentioned) and I don't have a lot of red in my wardrobe. I have a lot of teals and blues, which don't play well with red.

I think both are great, but may depend on what you think you want to use them mostly for. I have the VP 120 with red tip and find that I don't want to wear them to business type meetings/conferences because I feel they may be too flashy. Perhaps if paired with long black pants, they won't seem too flashy? I would have purchased the black tip but couldn't find them at all anywhere (any suggestions online where i can get these, btw?).

Having said that, I've worn the VP 120 with red tip out to dinner and liked the way it looked, even with a green dress. I've attached a photo here. :smile:

P.S. Sorry the photo is soo big! I don't know how to make it smaller :sad:

Attachments

• IMG_4574.jpg
    IMG_4574.jpg
    610.2 KB · Views: 1,185
I am thinking about a pair with red tips simply because I have lots of black shoes with either closed toe or just the plain black peeptoe. So if you have several or even one pair of plain black pumps that you can wear, then I say go with the red. :biggrin: It's a nice change!

Hi All,

I just went to the CB boutique in meatpacking NYC yesterday and totally bout an impulse purchase!

I bought the Very Prive 100mm with the red tip. I thought it was gorgeous!

However, I've been having second thoughts. I feel like it screams "LOOK AT ME. I'm a LOUB!". And I am not sure if it is professional. Do you think this would be okay to wear to work? Or is it too loud?

Should you ever wear louboutins to work for that matter? I work with clients a lot. I'm debating between these two.
Those heels are fabulous! The red tip is super sexy. You can wear them for work and a night out of town. Those are a keeper!