pawn shop finds - photos of your pawn shop treasures

I love pawn shops. Hubby and i will take a full day and hit all our fave shops in a row. I have several things in layaway at the moment because I was too successful recently. I can go months and not find anything then find tons all at once. Pawn shops are getting more pricy now though as they are getting more popular.

I love pawn shops. Hubby and i will take a full day and hit all our fave shops in a row. I have several things in layaway at the moment because I was too successful recently. I can go months and not find anything then find tons all at once. Pawn shops are getting more pricy now though as they are getting more popular.

that and because most of them are posting on ebay to get rid of faster. so they know there's more of a calling out there.

regardless, finding anything at a pawn shop to your liking is rare so you have to grab it before it's gone—which could be the next day!

when i saw that cartier love ring i literally pondered over it while i was there. but finally i knew, not only was this an excellent deal, it was so RARE to find something like this even in my college town, in a pawn shop—and RG too like my bangle. it was meant to be.

that and because most of them are posting on ebay to get rid of faster. so they know there's more of a calling out there.

regardless, finding anything at a pawn shop to your liking is rare so you have to grab it before it's gone—which could be the next day!

when i saw that cartier love ring i literally pondered over it while i was there. but finally i knew, not only was this an excellent deal, it was so RARE to find something like this even in my college town, in a pawn shop—and RG too like my bangle. it was meant to be.

Visited my pawn shop today but I wasn't lucky. That's the secret of pawn shop finds: you should visit regularly and decide quickly if you see something gorgeous. Like your Love ring Lana! It's really amazing.

I was lucky at the Cartier store though!!:graucho:

i haven't posted in this thread for quite a while now, but i wanted to come in and share with everyone what i found in a pawn shop last month.

i've had my RG cartier LOVE bangle for 4 years now, and i've always wanted a matching LOVE ring, but just never really thought about it and never wanted to pay full price. until i walked into this pawn shop last month and saw it!!!

it was in the front display glass case with the certificate of authenticity just staring out at me. i couldn't believe my eyes. not only was it a LOVE ring, but a RG LOVE ring with—get this—a pink sapphire. of course i had him pull the ring out and it fit me like a glove. i honestly felt this was meant to be. this was meant to be my ring. even he couldn't believe it when i showed him my RG love bangle.

the cost? it was only $800. i immediately put it on layaway since i really don't need it right now and i figured i'd wait a few months and just add money to it here and there (and until i break the news to my husband lol).

as soon as i got home i looked up the same ring on cartier's website and saw that it was selling for $2100+. what a steal!!!

i promise as soon as i pick it up i will take pics and post here for you all to see.

see, you really can find secret treasures at a pawn shop.
Omg!i can't believe you found that in a pawn shop!! My birthday in on April 1st ( big 3-0) and I really want a piece from Cartier for it!! ( I am leaning towards the chain love bracelet in RG) I am going to start going to pawn shops now to see what I can score!!!! Maybe I can find my future Cartier bracelet a friend !!!!

Here is one of my favorite necklaces.
I bought it as a ring in the pawn shop for $250. The heart diamond is .70 carats. I bought a white gold chain in the pawnshop and had a jeweller create the necklace. total cost was $350--not bad for a .70 pendant. I do not know the color and clarity, but it sparkles like mad (though the photos don't capture this).
I'm making another with a .20 carat pear btw. it will also be in white gold. the final cost will be $120 if I keep the ring the pear diamond came in and $90 if I sell the ring back. I kept the ring from the heart pendant and I could sell that too at current gold prices for at least a little bit.

Your pic is very tiny so we could not get a good view of your pendant. Congrats! What a great deal you got. so j:biggrin:ealous.

My soon to be E-ring...IF he doesn't drive me mad first! We've already picked it up just needing sized.

image-3446591683.jpg

image-3494669767.jpg

ETA until we can upgrade to this bad boy, which he's totally okay with doing down the road!

image-1471459423.jpg

Last edited:
i haven't posted in this thread for quite a while now, but i wanted to come in and share with everyone what i found in a pawn shop last month.

i've had my RG cartier LOVE bangle for 4 years now, and i've always wanted a matching LOVE ring, but just never really thought about it and never wanted to pay full price. until i walked into this pawn shop last month and saw it!!!

it was in the front display glass case with the certificate of authenticity just staring out at me. i couldn't believe my eyes. not only was it a LOVE ring, but a RG LOVE ring with—get this—a pink sapphire. of course i had him pull the ring out and it fit me like a glove. i honestly felt this was meant to be. this was meant to be my ring. even he couldn't believe it when i showed him my RG love bangle.

the cost? it was only $800. i immediately put it on layaway since i really don't need it right now and i figured i'd wait a few months and just add money to it here and there (and until i break the news to my husband lol).

as soon as i got home i looked up the same ring on cartier's website and saw that it was selling for $2100+. what a steal!!!

i promise as soon as i pick it up i will take pics and post here for you all to see.

see, you really can find secret treasures at a pawn shop.

LOVE it when that happens! :P It was fate...and so great to get a deal!

Visited my pawn shop today but I wasn't lucky. That's the secret of pawn shop finds: you should visit regularly and decide quickly if you see something gorgeous. Like your Love ring Lana! It's really amazing.

I was lucky at the Cartier store though!!:graucho:
LOL!
You usually have such good luck!
What, pray tell, did you get at Cartier???