Soooo ... who has ever ...

koukanamiya

It is what it is
May 25, 2006
Put his/her H bag ON THE FLOOR!!!:nuts::nuts::nuts:

I did that last weekend at Vegas. Granted, it was carpeted but that was one GIANT leapt for me. It actually felt quite cathartic because I felt as though I'm truly FINALLY using my bag for real :yes: it felt good, really good:yahoo:

What made me decide to do it was seeing the lady with the black glazed croc Birkin 35cm (with braise interior) setting her bag casually down on the floor at H a week ago.

Gosh, I put mine on the floor all the time, although when I'm in public I try to be careful where I set them - I would never set them on the floor of a public restroom, for example. I've almost been afraid to admit to this around here! Mine are not exotic leathers, however, just a box kelly and a clemence bolide. Great question!

I never put any bag that I have on the floor,Someone along time ago told me it was bad luck to do so.(to do so would mean you will never have money in it)I know i'm crazy...

I have done it. Thank you Hermes for feet under the bags. So many times I have to bend down to pick up my 2 1/2 yo DD, and more often than not, I have to place my birkin on the ground, to make sure I balance well with her, before standing up again.

I never put any bag that I have on the floor,Someone along time ago told me it was bad luck to do so.(to do so would mean you will never have money in it)I know i'm crazy...

I used to put my handbags on the floor too, until one of a SA told me that is bad luck...so now, I just have to sit with my bag! Can't take any chance here...lol

I have never ever in my life put a purse on the floor, much less an Hermes one. I am very anal about that. Germs, germs, germs!!! :yucky:

Although, come to think of it, I used to put backpack on the floor back in the University days, I don't know how I did it then. :hrmm:

I have done it. Thank you Hermes for feet under the bags. So many times I have to bend down to pick up my 2 1/2 yo DD, and more often than not, I have to place my birkin on the ground, to make sure I balance well with her, before standing up again.

I agree! Nowadays, I won't even consider buying a bag if it doesn't have feet.:yes:

Gosh, I put mine on the floor all the time, although when I'm in public I try to be careful where I set them - I would never set them on the floor of a public restroom, for example. I've almost been afraid to admit to this around here! Mine are not exotic leathers, however, just a box kelly and a clemence bolide. Great question!

I wouldn't put my bags on the bathroom floor either (or any floor actually). For some strange reasons, carpet seems a bit "safer" to me. In my case, the bag was placed on the carpeted floor of Tiffany's.

I put my bags on the floor, but not always. As someone else said, certainly not in a public restroom ;D I didi put one of my Kellys on the floor, under the seat in front of me on the last flight I took. I'm, of course, grateful for the little feet under each bag (though, sadly, the Trim bags don't have them).

Since I once had a purse stolen years ago while sitting in a restaurant (it was on top of my briefcase, which was sitting on the floor in front of me), I'm usually reluctant to let go of any of my bags, *H* or not, and usually keep them in my lap or between my lower legs. If the bag has a long enough strap, I usually put one leg through it.

Put his/her H bag ON THE FLOOR!!!:nuts::nuts::nuts:

I did that last weekend at Vegas. Granted, it was carpeted but that was one GIANT leapt for me. It actually felt quite cathartic because I felt as though I'm truly FINALLY using my bag for real :yes: it felt good, really good:yahoo:

What made me decide to do it was seeing the lady with the black glazed croc Birkin 35cm (with braise interior) setting her bag casually down on the floor at H a week ago.

I usually put my bags on the floor in a restaurant between my ankles because I am worried that someone might swipe it if it's sitting on the chair next to me. I've see women's bags sitting in the top part of their shopping carts. I feel they are looking for trouble...I guess I've had my bag swiped twice from me so I'm a bit paranoid.

I usually put my bags on the floor in a restaurant between my ankles because I am worried that someone might swipe it if it's sitting on the chair next to me. I've see women's bags sitting in the top part of their shopping carts. I feel they are looking for trouble...I guess I've had my bag swiped twice from me so I'm a bit paranoid.

I always put the child safety belt through the handles of my bag when I put it in the top part of my cart. I still don't leave it unattended but I feel a little better knowing someone can't pinch it and run!

I sometimes put my chair leg through the handle if my bag is on the floor of a restaurant... same thing :idea:

Sometimes you have to...whre would you put a 35cm Birkin with a table for two in a tiny cafe...

I have also heard it's bad luck. I think it may be a cultural superstition....