Review Creme de le Mer ~ The body Creme

Shoebaglady

~Totes & Pockets~
Oct 5, 2011
I have been using this body creme for 3 months and I am very impressed. It has a beautiful scent and it is so moisturizing that they tell you that you DON'T have to use it everyday!!!!

I have eczema, dehydrated skin with an oily t-zone and occassional pimples. I have mild eczema on my hands and arms. I use this after my shower and my skin is so soft and smooth for days! This is the only creme that I do not have to apply and reapply constantly throughout the day. I put it on at night and I'm done!

The best part about the creme for me is that I can actually use it on my face!!! I have very sensitive skin and this is beautiful on my face. It prevents my skin from peeling from the winter winds. I can't say enough good things about it.

La Mer changed my life. I grew up being teased for having flaky, dry and inflammed red skin from eczema. After I found La Mer, I started to get compliments on my skin. I use the entire line and have no desire to try anything else. :love: La Mer is my HG.

This is a product that has come to a point where I just say no lol. I simply cannot justify its horrendous price tag. It's a luxury product and that is all. One that I am not willing to pay for.

The only way I would justify it is to purchase solely for use on the face since the product would last way longer. Is it formulated for that?

I am addicted to this! It really lasts too, I don't need to put too much on either.

Shoebaglady, I'm so glad you found relief for your eczema, my son suffered for years when he was younger.

exotikittenx said:
This is a product that has come to a point where I just say no lol. I simply cannot justify its horrendous price tag. It's a luxury product and that is all. One that I am not willing to pay for.

The only way I would justify it is to purchase solely for use on the face since the product would last way longer. Is it formulated for that?

Many people use it as face cream including myself and I have sensitive skin. For me La Mer is really expensive but my skin does not react to it which is why I pay the high price tag. I bought a tube in November and I still have more than half a tube left.

chloebagfreak said:
I am addicted to this! It really lasts too, I don't need to put too much on either.

Shoebaglady, I'm so glad you found relief for your eczema, my son suffered for years when he was younger.

Aww, thank you chloebagfreak!!!! that's very kind of you. Did your son outgrow his eczema?

You are right, it does last awhile!!! I always smile when I read La Mer saying that you DON'T have to use it every day. lol.

I have been throwing around the idea of getting the face cream. It's that or botox. I want to get rid of the dryness which seems neverending and the fine lines. I think I am going to try this first. I wish I would have known about it a long time ago, my son had eczema as well and boy was it a battle. Going to order.............

I tried this for the first time last night at Bergdorfs and I must say the smell was just heavenly! LOVE the scent. It felt very hydrating, made my hands look good. But I need to try it for a few more days before I consider purchasing it.

pinklipgloss33 said:
I tried this for the first time last night at Bergdorfs and I must say the smell was just heavenly! LOVE the scent. It felt very hydrating, made my hands look good. But I need to try it for a few more days before I consider purchasing it.

I stalked the counter for months before I purchased it. Every time I went by, I'd get a little bit for my hands until I was 100% sure it was worth the splurge.

sparklyred said:
I have been throwing around the idea of getting the face cream. It's that or botox. I want to get rid of the dryness which seems neverending and the fine lines. I think I am going to try this first. I wish I would have known about it a long time ago, my son had eczema as well and boy was it a battle. Going to order.............

The face cream gave me an eye lift. I had honestly been considering Botox ( my fam doc does it) but I hate needles. I didn't use la mer with this intention but was pleasantly surprised to see that it lifted my brow area.

When my children have mild eczema and I always use the lip balm on them. I put a little on the patches of eczema or on their chapped lips and it works wonders.

This may not work for everyone so I encourage you to get lots of samples and try it for least a couple of months to make sure it works before you spend the money. My sister did not find it as effective on her (but she doesn't have eczema).

So I just placed my order and got a nice little bunch of samples. I will be reviewing soon. I had it sent to my workplace because that is the only thing ever that I don't want my hubby to know how much I paid for it:smile: I'm excited. I hope it works