Price increase

I visited the boutique in Carmel CA earlier this week and it appeared staff weren't yet aware of the increase. I was admirining a tote and noticed the old price on the tag, and I let the staff know the price was higher on the BV website.

While doing research on a BV bag, I noticed that on the BV website, it is about $300 more than what it is CURRENTLY listed for on Saks, NM.com, etc. It is exactly the same bag, material, color, and size. Based on my calculations, that is a little over a 10% price increase. Not to mention that it will increase the sales tax, too. With the difference, I could buy a nice little SLG on sale.

Also, I always wonder why is it that when some department stores mark down a BV item, it is still selling at regular price, if it is on BV.com.

My new dream bag is the BV moro roma which is in stock at Holts right now. It's $3400 USD on the BV website but it's $3795 CDN at Holts. I believe this is the insane Canadian mark up and not a price increase but not sure.

On average, higher end indie bag designers are marked up about $30, $50, $75 or $100 more (but a few brands aren't marked up in CDN funds at all). But I am really horrified at how badly the Bottega bags are marked up :rant::censor:

My new dream bag is the BV moro roma which is in stock at Holts right now. It's $3400 USD on the BV website but it's $3795 CDN at Holts. I believe this is the insane Canadian mark up and not a price increase but not sure.

On average, higher end indie bag designers are marked up about $30, $50, $75 or $100 more (but a few brands aren't marked up in CDN funds at all). But I am really horrified at how badly the Bottega bags are marked up :rant::censor:

You should email Peggy Urban at Nordstrom Seattle and see if she can get it for you, than come on down for a visit!

Are all these brands having a race to see who can increase their prices most??
bebecu, I think you make a very good point! Just a couple years ago when I first started buying BV there were several bags under the $2000 price point. Now they are really getting into the 3000-5000 for regular bags. :wtf: