Goyard St Louis Tote Wear and Durability?

calisnoopy

Instagram @calisnoopy ❤️USC Football
O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
I was looking at the Goyard totes and was curious--how do they hold up, especially on the corners?

I am usually quite careful with my bags but my purpose for getting a Goyard would be to have a functional and lightweight bag I didn't have to worry about as much as the leather bags I own...

I'd plan to take it with me on travel and on airplanes when I don't want to be using my leather Chanels etc...

Just wanted to know how they hold up--the handle straps and the wear on the corners etc :smile:

Thanks!!!

I have never had a problem with my corners and I use my St. Louis's frequently. Goyard will fix your corners if you have a problem. If you do a search, you will see some have had their corners reinforced.

Keep us posted what you decide.

Calisnoopy:flowers:My mom has a St Louis that she uses everyday for the last 6 plus years. My mother uses a walker that she hangs it off of and it is not treated kindly,it gets banged up as she walks past anything. It has no corner wears. If it can withstand that I think your everyday use will be a breeze!!:flowers:

I got the Yellow St Louis GM finally from Barneys BH...love it and its sooo light and carries so much!

Perfect airplane bag and toted it with me to Brazil and looks brand new!

I know people say that colour transfer is a non-issue, but it did happened to me, on my black St. Louis. It was rubbing against my denim shirt and by the end of the day, you could see a 10" circle of blue smudge on the white chevrons... It cleaned up fine though, but it's left me scared. Be careful!

I can tell you honestly, that no, Goyards don't hold up or age very well. Both the handles and the canvas fabric eventually crack with weight and wear. It's a lovely bag, but it's not as durable as you might have heard. I had the white st. Louis Gm and I ended up selling on ebay.

I can tell you honestly, that no, Goyards don't hold up or age very well. Both the handles and the canvas fabric eventually crack with weight and wear. It's a lovely bag, but it's not as durable as you might have heard. I had the white st. Louis Gm and I ended up selling on ebay.

I thought Goyard would have AMAZING quality:shucks: Especially for how exclusive they are. If you don't mind me asking, how long did you have your St. Louis before you sold it?

I thought Goyard would have AMAZING quality:shucks: Especially for how exclusive they are. If you don't mind me asking, how long did you have your St. Louis before you sold it?

I hate to say this, but with 10 posts, be careful:smile:
I have every colour in the St. Louis and have never EVER had a problem.
I carry a LOT and travel the world, so I do wonder about the message the other person posted. I would take it with a grain of salt at best, and trust that these bags are very well made. I love mine and can't tell you how amazing they are, not only to look at, but the quality as well!
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

They do to a certain extent; the craftsmanship and details are amazing. I guess they need to have a disclaimer about putting weight in it. But since the material is thinner, it's prone to cracking...you can have it for a long time as long as you use it delicately.

I have worn my PM for about 10 years heavily, carrying laptop and heavy books in it.......never had anything crack or break or color transfer. Maybe there are some batches that are less durable? I think it's the perfect bag to save all your other bags frankly!

I have worn my PM for about 10 years heavily, carrying laptop and heavy books in it.......never had anything crack or break or color transfer. Maybe there are some batches that are less durable? I think it's the perfect bag to save all your other bags frankly!

My SA at Barney's specifically told me that the St. Louis is NOT made to carry a lot of weight. :nogood: I would not advise using it to carry laptops or heavy books. It isn't a piece of luggage, no matter how practical it looks. ...just saying.

My SA at Barney's specifically told me that the St. Louis is NOT made to carry a lot of weight. :nogood: I would not advise using it to carry laptops or heavy books. It isn't a piece of luggage, no matter how practical it looks. ...just saying.

Of course the SA would tell you not to. The question is what are your alternatives? This is the most durable designer bag I've ever used that fits alot of stuff. Can you think of one that is better? Maybe a nylon bag which I would not put on my outfit? If it did get worn corners, you can get it repaired at The Leather Spa for like $150....that is not a bad price to pay for sticking your books, sneakers, gym clothes in it and still look presentable for 10 years!! LOL!!